Do you want the challenge of a leadership role in an organization committed to change management, process improvement and better health care outcomes?
Then consider this executive opportunity with California Correctional Health Care Services.
About the Position
Under the leadership of the Receiver and the Regional Health Care Executive, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the highest-ranking health care authority within a California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation adult institution. The CEO is responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating 24-hour and 7-days a week operation of one or two institutions and delivery of a multi-functional health care system. This system features a full range of medical, mental health, dental, pharmacy and medication management, specialized care and clinic services, and allied health. The CEO serves as the Department’s and Receiver’s principal advisor on the institution-specific application of health care policies and procedures.
This job posting may be used to fill future vacancies that may arise.
We are looking for an individual with the following Competencies :
• Modern management concepts in a complex multidisciplinary health care
• Laws, rules, regulations, and standards pertaining to health care
administration in a correctional setting
• Fiscal management practices
• Principles, practices, and trends of organizational leadership
• Cost and data management systems associated with patient care and
evaluation of health care delivery systems
• Communicate effectively
• Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate health care and administrative services to
meet treatment needs within an institution setting
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those
contacted in the course of the work
• Evaluate information and make recommendations based upon data from
management or automated systems
• Create and develop collaborative teams
• Motivate staff to accomplish common goals
• Prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive reports
• Effectively develop and implement strategies to accomplish program missions
$175,944 - $202,332 / Annually*
Salary based on assignment and qualifications
And here are just some of the benefits of the job:
• Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
• Paid Holidays
• Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
• State Safety Retirement
• 401(k) and 457(b) available: tax defer up to $35,000 a year
For more information on benefits, please click here .
Learn More About The Benefits of Working For Us
It's nice to know a rewarding job comes with benefits like these. To see the details, click here .
To learn about the Minimum Requirements for this position, please read the Exam Bulletin .
How To Apply
You may apply for this position by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the top of the page.
Appointments to these positions are limited-term (at will) for the first two years, with a possibility of becoming permanent, followed by a one-year probationary period.
You must have List, Lateral or Reinstatement eligibility in order to apply for this position. If not, you must complete the Online Self-Assessment for this classification before you can apply.
The challenges of our work are tremendous. But the rewards of making such a significant difference in people’s lives are even more impressive. We provide competitive compensation as well as the superior California State Employee benefits and retirement package.
To view other great career opportunities, please click here .
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov ."
Closing Date/Time: Until Filled