CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER 1 - Requisition ID: 10757
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Las Vegas, Boulder City, Indian Springs, Jean, Henderson
Department:DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - DIVISION OF CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES
Business Unit: HR-SO NEV CHILD & ADLSCNT SVCS
*Pay Grade: GRADE 35
Salary Range: $52,826.40 - $78,446.16
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: ANA MARIA ORNELLAS
Phone: 775 684-0151
The Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS) is recruiting for a full-time Clinical Social Worker 1, underfilling a Clinical Social Worker 2,at Desert Willow Treatment Center (DWTC) located in Las Vegas, Nevada. DWTC is a locked, 24-hour inpatient facility that provides intensive treatment intervention for up to 20 severely emotionally disturbed adolescents, ages 12 through 17. DWTC serves youths that are severely at-risk, many of whom have active suicidal and homicidal ideation or experiencing psychotic symptoms.
The Clinical Social Workerposition is critical to the operations of DWTC and the duties are significant for the compliance with regulatory entities. This position works directly with the Senior Psychiatrist, Psychiatric Caseworker 2, Psychiatric Nurse 2, and Psychologist. Incumbent provides direct care services to patients on the acute and residential units and coordinates admissions; psychosocial assessment; 90-day reviews; treatment plans; individual, and family and group therapy. This position is a major contributor in the Trans-disciplinary Treatment Team meetings and is integral to the presentation of treatment and determining service needs and treatment planning and implementation.
The State of Nevada and DCFS offer an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, participation in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), accrual of 15 days of annual and sick leave each year, 11 paid holidays, and no city, county, state, or social security tax!
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0/
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in social work and an internship approved by the Board of Examiners for Social Workers.
- If not currently enrolled in an internship, the agency will supervise the selected applicant to complete an internship.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Working evenings, weekends, and/or holidays is required.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market: