If food is a passion, look no further. If you know your way around a kitchen, pride yourself in keeping a clean workstation, and enjoy food prep, this job is for you. Combine that with preparing nutritious meals for students and you have a winning combination.
In this role, you get to be a part of an educational community by providing daily food to students during the school year.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, oversee and participate in the operation of the satellite kitchen at an assigned elementary or middle school site; prepare and serve hot and cold food items; maintain satellite kitchen facilities and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition; perform cashiering duties; lead, train, and provide work direction and guidance to Nutrition Services staff; may also work in the central kitchen to assist in preparing and packaging meals for transport to assigned satellite location(s).
Incumbents in the Nutrition Services Satellite Operator I classification are responsible for the operations, food service, and staff assigned to an elementary and middle school serving kitchen site.
Incumbents in the Nutrition Services Satellite Operator II operate a high school serving kitchen requiring food cooking and preparation with a more diverse menu and a larger staff.
• Oversee and participate in the operation of the satellite kitchen at an assigned elementary school site
• Prepare and serve hot and cold food items
• Oversee and participate in maintaining satellite kitchen facilities and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition
• Lead, train, and provide work direction and guidance to Nutrition Services staff; assign staff duties and review work for accuracy and completeness;
• Prepare food and beverages for sale; count and set up plates, trays, and utensils; stock condiments, food items, and paper goods, etc.
• Perform cashiering duties; count money and make correct change; prepare, balance and verify cash drawers; review and verify receipts; prepare bank deposits as directed
• Operate standard food service equipment such as ovens, warmers, and food service machines
• Communicate with students and staff as well as supervisors to exchange information and resolve issues or concerns
• Serve food to students and staff according to specified time schedules
• Maintain a variety of records related to food items, inventory, sales, and assigned activities; prepare routine food service reports
KNOWLEDGE OF/ABILITY TO:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and two years increasingly responsible experience in the preparation and serving of food in large quantities including work with inventory functions
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid and appropriate ServSafe food service certification obtained through a proctored exam
Click the APPLY NOW button for the detailed job description.
For more details on hazards, click the APPLY NOW button to be directed to the full job announcement.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
Click the APPLY NOW button for all the exam details.
SALARIES: All salaries as stated are based on present information and are subject to change. Appointments are made at the minimum salary shown in the posting and increases are granted at intervals based on anniversary date.
NONDISCRIMINATION STATEMENT - Click the APPLY NOW button for all the details about our Non Discrimination policy.