Charleston County Consolidated 911 Center is looking for an experienced project management professional with an understanding of public safety to provide support to the Project Officer II in coordinating activities for the Consolidated Dispatch Board (CDC Board) and various multi-agency groups and implementing projects and initiatives for the Consolidated 9-1-1 Center. Come Save Lives with Us! HIRING SALARY: $60,507 - $82,305 (Estimated Annual Salary)OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELYDuties and Responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications Must have a positive attitude, proven leadership experience, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate well to a diverse group of people.
- Support the Project Officer II in coordinating activities of the CDC Board including the Board Chairman, Board Committees, User Groups and Workgroups.
- Assist the Project Officer II in coordinating and scheduling meetings, preparing meeting agendas and minutes/notes, providing input to resolve questions or issues, solicit input from user agencies, follow-up as needed, and communicate decisions and recommendations as appropriate.
- Support the Project Officer II with Coastal Area Cooperative initiatives and projects.
- Support the Project Officer II in the implementing of CDC and CDC Board initiatives by working with multi-agency and jurisdictional groups in developing operational and administrative recommendations.
- Research questions, prepare presentations, reports, and written communications.
- Assist the Project Officer II in updating and revising the department's Multi-Year Plan.
- Ensure agreements and contracts necessary to implement initiatives are developed, reviewed, and executed by all relevant parties. Monitor and report on progress in meeting milestones and tasks.
- Assist with grant related activities supporting CDC Board initiatives and projects.
- Assumes the duties of the Project Officer II in their absence.
- Participate in all departmental activations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate's degree in Business or Public Administration, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in progressively responsible professional operational positions at large private sector company or comparably sized public sector
- Experience with contract negotiations, working with legal counsel, managing large public meetings preferably in public safety
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a US citizen, permanent resident, or possess an Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
- No marijuana use within the last year, no other illegal drug use within the last three years
- Must have no felony convictions; misdemeanors will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis
- Pass a background investigation which will include driving record, employment history, employment, education, and training verification, illegal conduct (drug use, etc.), reference check, and polygraph examination.
- Pass a pre-employment physical and psychological evaluation
- Be able to successfully complete Level IV CJIS Security Awareness Training and within 6 months of date of hire and maintain the certification.
- NIMS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800 or obtain within 6 months of the date of hire
- Able to maintain favorable working relationship with co-workers, County officials, officials from other jurisdictions, the business community, and the general public?
- Engage others and tap into their insights in working toward a common goal or outcome.?
- Continually seek and accept opportunities for personal and professional growth.?
- Represent the Department professionally and effectively to the community and Department members.?
- Identify the important dimensions of a problem, determine potential causes, obtain relevant information, and identify alternate solutions that result in effectiveness.?
- Live the vision, mission, values, and expected behaviors of Charleston County, the Public Safety Directorate, and Consolidated 911 Center.