Charleston County Public Works Department is looking for highly motivated, safety minded individuals who enjoy working outdoors to join our team! Be a part of improving the quality of life for citizens, businesses, and visitors of Charleston County.
We offer competitive salary, a great benefit package, and training and development opportunities for growth and advancement. Working for the County allows you to earn a pension and you will receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave. HIRING HOURLY: $16.80 Per HourOPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELYDuties and Responsibilities
Inspecting mosquito breeding sites in assigned geographical areas for both aquatic and adult stages of mosquitoes; o perating a truck equipped with an Ultra-Low Volume (ULV) pesticide sprayer to eliminate adult mosquitoes; inspecting and treating standing water for mosquito larvae; monitoring sampling devices and rain gauges; maintaining accurate records and inventory of pesticides, adulticides and larvicides; educating citizens on how to reduce/prevent future mosquito breeding; maintaining clean and safe vehicles, lab, and chemical storage areas; and attending meetings as needed. Familiarity with County geography a plus! Weekend and overtime work required during active mosquito season. Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to comprehend and execute written and verbal instructions
- Willingness to provide good customer service
- Must be safety-minded and be able to work well in a demanding, team-oriented environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Reliable transportation to get to work
- Have and maintain a valid SC Driver's License with a safe driving record
- Ability to obtain pesticide applicator's license, Category 8 within 12 months
- Available to report to work during hazardous weather or emergency conditions