The Collections division of Charleston County Environmental Management is seeking a self-motivated, team-oriented individual for this highly complex and responsible position operating heavy commercial trucks and equipment. The regular work schedule of this position is four 10-hour days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. * Schedule is subject to change with prior notice. HIRING HOURLY RANGE: $21.53 - $29.29OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELYDuties and Responsibilities
- Safe and efficient operations of recycling and waste collections heavy equipment including, but not limited to, roll off trucks, grapple trucks, and rear loaders.
- Load and transport refuse, containers and compactors to designated recycling and/or disposal facilities.
- Daily completion of pre-trip and post-trip Daily Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIRs) to ensure equipment is in proper working order and maintenance issues are addressed quickly.
- Routine servicing and light maintenance of assigned equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Position requires a high school diploma (or GED)
- Four (4) years experience in the operation of complex motor equipment and/or commercial trucks.
- Applicants must possess a valid SC Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class B. Class A CDL is preferred.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
- Ability to read maps, route sheets and/or use GPS navigating devices.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexibility to work shifts and/or additional hours as needed.