Registered Nurse, CF-Emergency Medical Response Program (EMRP)
$52.72 - $62.84 Hourly Range
Under the supervision of the Regional Receiver's Nurse Executive (Safety), the Registered Nurse (RN), Correctional Facility (CF) organizes and provides necessary nursing care in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and program requirements in a variety of correctional health care settings. The RN, CF in collaboration with the health care team ensures the delivery of appropriate and timely health care to patients and coordinates interdisciplinary communication to promote continuity of care. The RN, CF is responsible for addressing the ongoing health care needs of patients and for promoting the timely, efficient, and appropriate use of health care resources.
Possession of a current license as a Registered Nurse in California. Applicants who do not meet this requirement will be admitted to the examination, but they must secure the required license before they will be considered eligible for appointment.
Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Field emergency medical response; i.e. Paramedic, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Field Medic (military)
- Emergency nursing; i.e. emergency room, air transport
- Critical care nursing; i.e. Surgical Intensive Care Unit (ICU) / Medical ICU / Cardiac ICU / Neuro ICU
- Institutional emergency medical response; i.e. Triage and Treatment Area Health Care First Responder
- Extensive Travel
- Flexible Schedule
- Analytical/Assessment Skills
- Strong presentation and instructional training skills, demonstrating an ability to teach in the classroom setting, in the field, and/or in on-the-job formats with the team of instructors
- Knowledge of current technology and educational media used in teaching and delivering presentations
Please be advised that this position is located at Northern Region, but candidate will be required to travel to all of Northern Region institutions.
This advertisement is for a Registered Nurse, Correctional Facility position(s) located at the Elk Grove Regional Office, in Elk Grove, CA, located in Sacramento County providing Nursing Services as needed to: California Correctional Center, California Health Care Facility, California Medical Facility, Folso m State Prison, High Desert State Prison, Mule Creek State Prison, Pelican Bay State Prison, California State Prison -Sacramento California State Prison - Solano, and San Quentin State Prison.
Please review the appropriate bulletin/assessment on the Bulletin Page
for the Minimum Qualifications and, if qualified, complete the Assessment according to the instructions.
How To Apply: You may apply for this position by clicking “Apply Now” on the top or bottom of this page.
Contact Ayanni.Washington@cdcr.ca.gov or for your questions regarding the application process, and status of your application.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov ."
Closing Date/Time: until filled