Performs security work in the protection of property and facilities against theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other destructive activities.
* Patrol buildings and grounds to prevent thefts, vandalism, illegal entry and circulate among visitors, patrons, employees and staff to preserve order and protect property.
* Lock and unlock buildings, offices or doors as necessary.
* Monitor security and fire alarms and closely observe CCTV screens for situations needing intervention by guards, police officers or fire department and request assistance as necessary.
* Operate two way radios within department guidelines and FCC regulations to keep the department informed of security concerns or issues.
* Prepare, process and issue HSC identification badges to faculty, staff and visitors ensuring that proper authorization and identification are presented.
* Prepare security deficiency notices, report missing or damaged TTUHSC property.
* Provide or assist in training of new guard employees.
* Provide crowd control and provide personal safety security at athletic events, university functions, graduations, etc. for staff, employees and visitors.
* Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information.
* Provide security of crime scenes when needed.
Assist in training new employees and other duties as assigned.
Proficiency in written and mathematical processes as may be reflected by the completion of the tenth grade plus one year of security, customer service, public relations or related experience.
* Possession of High School diploma or GED.
* Possession of Texas Driver's License.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with other employees and the public.
* Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
* Ability to deal calmly with the general public.
* Working knowledge of campus polices, rules and regulations.
* Knowledge of names and locations of parking lots and buildings on campus.
* Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx .