Salary: $104,998.40 - $141,689.60 Annually USD
Apply By: Sep 30, 2022
The Orange County Employees Retirement System is seeking a highly motivated leader with supervisory and project management experience to join our growing Information Technology team!
The ideal candidate will have the ability to oversee and lead all aspects of the application development cycle.
The IT Supervisor will report directly to the IT Programming Manager. This position will work cohesively with the IT Operations Supervisor and IT Operations Manager in providing OCERS team members and management with high-quality and effective technology solutions and support that contribute to the exceptional and efficient administration of the System.
The ideal incumbent will be an experienced, articulate team-oriented individual with the ability to manage the programming team in designing, developing and maintaining software application solutions, coordinating software deployments and serve as a project manager on IT-related projects.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership, direct and functional supervision, work assignments and guidance to two Sr. IT Applications Developers
- Provide project supervision, leadership, technical and administrative duties related to complex application development as well as modification of existing special purpose software and various hardware and software upgrade projects
- Design, coordinate and implement software applications, database and utility program testing, data conversion and quality assurance processes along with other technology staff
- Effectively communicate and interface with application users, OCERS management and other technology team members in order to define project scope, application and system requirements and to review project activities, recommendations and outcomes
- Design, write, revise and maintain code for application development, enhancement or modification using programming logic, scripts and documentation
- Provide professional support, troubleshoot, evaluate, resolve and debug complex application function and programming related problems
- Develop and maintain programming standards and change control procedures
- Provide training to end-users and technology staff in order to provide information and instruction on application functions
- Prepare reports, correspondence, procedures, training materials and other written documents for both internal and external distribution
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Computer Science, Information Systems or a closely related field that has provided the candidate with a sound conceptual understanding of information technology, application development and programming concepts.
- Three (3) years of experience performing applications development and analysis at an experienced developer level.
- Demonstrated professional-level competency and/or certification with Oracle databases, Java Programming, and Microsoft technologies.
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Working knowledge in web services, microservices architecture, API design, scalable system architecture and supporting production services
- Knowledge of database design, database maintenance, creating queries, stored procedures and reports
- Microsoft SharePoint Certification
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with extensive experience in communicating and working cohesively with vendors, department managers and directors, technical and non-technical team members in individual and team environments
- Experience with mentoring team members and sharing knowledge and expertise with both the IT team and across departments
- Exceptional ability to plan, organize, prioritize and perform work effectively and efficiently within stated timeframes and in a professional manner
- Ability to work in collaboration with multiple departments and functional groups
- Demonstrated professional-level competency and/or certification as an Oracle Certified Professional Master
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer, IT Professional and/or Technology Specialist
- Substantial experience in performing system, software, database and programming analysis, problem-solving and technical support services in a complex business environment, specifically financial and payroll system applications
- Business workflows and capabilities of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2019, Business Intelligence
- Knowledge of SharePoint online
- Custom SharePoint web parts
- Detailed knowledge and current experience with the latest technologies: web application development and maintenance, web services, microservices architecture, and API design
- Microsoft .NET framework, ASP.NET, MVC, relational databases and report writing
- Technical documentation writing
- Oversee and lead all aspects of the software development cycle including: planning, analysis, requirements definition, design, program development, testing, implementation and integration and production support
- Oversee and lead all aspects of the application development cycle, including requirement definition, program development, testing, including testing automation, implementation, integration and production support
- Plan organize, prioritize and perform work effectively, efficiently, within stated time frames and in a professional manner
- Demonstrate strict confidentiality, professionalism, integrity and compliance with applicable laws and regulations at all times
- Work with pre-existing guidelines and standard operating procedures in a fast-paced professional environment
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Work independently with users and executives to identify opportunities to leverage application development to enhance business processes and procedures
- Work with competing deadlines and changing priorities
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
OCERS, as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
2223 E Wellington Ave, Suite 100, Santa Ana, California