Job DescriptionWhy CalOptima?
CalOptima is the single largest health plan in Orange County, serving 880,000 members, or one in four residents. Our motto — "Better. Together.” — is at the heart of our mission to serve members with excellence, dignity and respect. We are a public agency made up of compassionate leaders and professionals working together to strengthen our community's health. If you're looking for an opportunity to work for an organization dedicated to improving local health care and serving the needs of the most vulnerable, we encourage you to join CalOptima. Job Summary
The Buyer Int will procure a variety of goods and services for use by various departments within CalOptima. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Purchasing Manager and requires the use of independent judgment and initiative. Position Responsibilities:
Possesses the Ability to:
- Participates in a mission driven culture of high-quality performance, with a member focus on customer service, consistency, dignity, and accountability.
- Assists the team in carrying out department responsibilities and collaborates with others to support short and long-term goals/priorities for the department.
- Reviews and processes requisitions from the Ariett system to the Dynamics GP Purchasing system module. Recommends best purchasing method using the Board-approved procurement policy as a guide.
- Researches and interviews vendors. Identifies capable vendors considering such criteria as conformity to specifications, prices, delivery times, financial condition, terms and conditions and the reputation of the vendor.
- Creates, organizes, updates and maintains product information files, artwork files, contract files and distribute copies of purchase order.
- Reviews contract documents for completeness, accuracy, compliance with policies and procedures and present them for management approval and signature.
- Contacts vendors to follow-up on orders and expedite or delay as needed.
- Updates contract management system, Ariett and GP as needed.
- Acts as the Systems Administrator or function as the back-up for one or more of the Purchasing systems.
- Develops and/or renews major service contracts and maintenance agreements including major equipment rental or lease agreements.
- Assists and trains users in other departments on purchasing systems.
- Conducts formal bid process by using tools such as Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quotation (RFQ), Request for Information (RFI), Request for Qualifications (RFQu) and Invitation for Bid (IFB). Negotiates contract pricing and terms and conditions with vendors. Ensures contracts and contract renewals are completed in a timely manner. Conducts post bid de-briefing with the Purchasing Manager in compliance with the Board-approved procurement policy.
- Runs reports on contracts and amendments for the business owners and CalOptima signatories so that the terms and conditions and expiration dates are known.
- Assists departments in the development of specifications and/or scope of work for purchasing requests. Assists in determining appropriate contract types, fees and terms and conditions.
- Supports departments in resolving vendor management and relationship issues.
- Serves as a backup to other members of the Purchasing team as needed.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with CalOptima leadership and staff.
- Develop and maintain adequate purchasing records and controls and maintain the security of confidential information.
- Prepare and write various documents including reports, requests for proposals, purchase order notes and contracts.
- Negotiate cost effective and viable contracts and agreements.
- Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g., Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) and job-specific applications/systems to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.
- High School diploma required.
- 3 years of purchasing or other business experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Professional certification from a national body (e.g., Institute for Supply Management (ISM) or National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP)) strongly preferred.
- Current and extensive knowledge of purchasing methods, procedures, and automated purchase requisition and contract management systems.
- Specific knowledge of a variety of office, technical, and maintenance supplies and materials, best sources, and appropriate prices for the procurement of such goods.
- Methods for conducting vendor research and analyzing supplies and materials.
- Public Agency contracting principles and formal bidding process, contract negotiation, contract law and basic financial analysis preferred.
Vendor ManagementReports to:
Manager, PurchasingFLSA status:
H - $28.37 - $40.72 ($59,000 - $84,700)CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Job Location: Orange, California
To apply, visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/CalOptima/Careers/jobs/3884Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency