MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR 2 - Requisition ID: [[id]]
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Mesquite
Department: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Business Unit: HR-SO NEV ADULT MENTAL HEALTH
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 37
Salary Range: $57,628.80 - $85,900.32
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: NICOLE PEEK
Phone: 775 684-0129
Mental Health Counselors provide counseling, case management, direct clinical services, community and home-based services, and behavioral and human services to mentally ill, developmentally disabled and/or emotionally disturbed clients in an outpatient, residential, community or similar setting. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health Services (SNAMHS) Rural Clinics currently has an opening for a Mental Health Counselor II in the Mesquite Behavioral Health Center located in Mesquite, Nevada. Incumbents provide professional, direct patient care to mentally ill adults, youth, and their families.
Incumbents will provide individual, family and group therapy to mental health clients of all ages, complete screenings for prospective clients, conduct intakes for new clients and provide clinical evaluations. Direct clinical services are provided in an outpatient clinic as well as in the community and the client's home. Incumbents must have knowledge and experience providing mental health counseling to children and their families using clinical models to meet the needs of children. Play therapy and expressive arts knowledge and experience and/or willingness to learn is beneficial. Incumbents will work directly with a team of clinicians, psychiatric nurses, and other mental health professionals in an outpatient setting. The position is also responsible for knowing and complying with Joint Commission standards.
This position is full time with an expected work schedule of 8am-5pm Monday thru Friday with Saturday and Sunday off. We provide an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, participation in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), yearly accrual of 15 days of annual leave and 15 days of sick leave, paid holidays and no city, county, state or social security tax! SNAMHS provides continual on-going training and education to our staff, including paid release time for attending trainings and the availability of on-site CEU's. This site is designated as a tuition reimbursement sight by HRSA.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in counseling, marriage and family therapy, psychology, social work or closely related academic field and two years of post-master's degree professional mental health counseling experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and clinical experience at or above a Master's degree and experience as described above.
- Licensure in Nevada as a Professional Counselor, Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist issued by the appropriate licensing or certification authority at time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- Licensure or certification as a Mental Health Counselor, Certified Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, or Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor issued by the appropriate licensing or certification authority is required at time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility at the time of appointment and for continuing employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas