About Our Job
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
As a Building and Plumbing Manager at Denver International Airport (DEN) you will be responsible for providing and executing a comprehensive maintenance program for DENs multi-facility needs. As such, this position requires someone who has a firm understanding of all facets of the Building and Plumbing industries and is comfortable developing and using data-driven analytics to provide DEN leaders with business-case options.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Leads, coaches, mentors and challenges staff. Actively engages staff to get support and commitment while providing motivation and encouragement to meet goals and objectives. Establishes performance expectations and standards for all levels of employees
- Administers the Preventive Maintenance program to ensure consistent, high-quality work
- Develops and administers maintenance contracts to augment in-house capabilities
- Collaborates with Project Managers on Project-Definition, Design-Intent, Estimating, Scheduling, etc.
- Leads efforts in developing performance metrics and KPI's to facilitate data-driven decisions
- Ensures efficient funds management by using fiscally sound practices; Research financial impacts and consequences of proposed recommendations and provides business-case justifications to other stakeholders
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement by facilitating employee engagement and innovation through the identification and resolution of process improvement opportunities
- Develops and implements standards, policies, procedures, systems and guidelines for the organization and subordinate supervisors and staff
- Develops and manages workforce management programs that address training, position management, work classification, labor productivity and succession planning
- Explains and defends the organization's decisions, actions and recommendations to internal and external customers
- Participates in the snow removal program
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
We are looking for a strong leader to provide operational and technical leadership to our maintenance team. The successful candidate for this position will have demonstrated leadership experience.
In addition, we are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Experience maintaining a large-scale facility
- Experience managing in a 24/7/365 operational environment
- Experience working with Maximo or other Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Progressive technical experience
- High level understanding and experience in the operation of Building Automation Systems
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree as required by the specific opening.
- Experience: Three (3) years of supervisory experience in facility construction, maintenance, or trades.
- Licensures: Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
- Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
About Everything Else
CA3314 Facilities Management Manager
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$85,015.00 - $140,275.00
Based on Education and Experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.