REGISTERED NURSE 4 - Requisition ID: [[id]]
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Las Vegas, Boulder City, Indian Springs, Jean, Henderson
Department: DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICES
Division: DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICES
Business Unit: HR-OFFICE OF VETERANS SERVICES
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 39
Salary Range: $62,848.80 - $94,085.28
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: BLANCHE DIEKET
Phone: 775 825-9764
Registered Nurses provide general or specialized professional nursing care in accordance with the authorized scope of practice specified in the Nurse Practice Act.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
The Nevada Department of Veterans Services, Nevada State Veterans Home in Boulder City, Nevada is recruiting for Registered Nurse 4's. This position is responsible for the management of the nursing units to include resident care and personnel management. The position will manage the required documentation and assessment of each resident; provide leadership by organizing and assigning work duties to team members; provide education; respond to assessments; develop and modify resident care plans and provide timely input and updates to MDS Coordinator; and communicate pertinent information about residents to appropriate individuals. Incumbents assist with ensuring and monitoring adequate staff levels and perform duties of House Supervisor when assigned. This is a 24-hour facility; therefore, incumbents may be required to work shift work. License information must be listed under the Professional License section of your applicant profile in order to receive consideration.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse and two years of professional nursing experience, one year of which included providing patient care in a skilled nursing facility (e.g., convalescent or nursing home), hospital or home healthcare services; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in nursing is equivalent to a diploma or associate's degree in nursing and one year of experience.
- Per NRS 632.305, the Nevada State Board of Nursing may, after verifying that an applicant meets all licensure requirements, issue an Interim Permit authorizing the applicant to practice nursing until the results of their examination for licensure are received. The Interim Permit is for a period not to exceed 90 days and is immediately revoked if the candidate fails the examination. Any person working under the authority of an Interim Permit may not represent themselves as a licensed registered nurse. Passing the licensure examination is a requirement for continuing employment in the Nurse I Class.
- Out of state applicants must have a temporary license issued by the Nevada State Board of Nursing at the time of appointment.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- CPR certification is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas