The City of Weatherford's Water/Wastewater Utility Department is looking to hire a Maintenance Worker I to assist the department. This position will perform maintenance duties to water/wastewater lines and lift stations. if you think you'd be a good fit, we would like to hear from you.Roles & Responsibilities Include:
- Locate water/wastewater lines for contractors and other departments.
- Replace or repair broken pumps, lines, and pump stations.
- Replace or repair water meters and fire hydrants.
- Operate light equipment such as a dump truck, pavement cutter, jack hammer and a front-end loader.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent • One year experience in the installation, maintenance, or repair of Water/Wastewater lines • Must have a valid Class A Texas Driver's license or the ability to obtain one with 120 days of employment.
Applications must be submitted online. Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Candidates selected for employment will be required to pass pre-employment checks depending on the position requirements. Pre-employment checks could include, but not limited to criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The City of Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The City of Weatherford is a strong, progressive community of over 38,000 citizens, enjoying our small town feel with our big city amenities just outside of the Fort Worth Metroplex. We are expanding our team to continue our commitment and pride in our Strong Community philosophy as well as our inclusiveness and diversity.
Closing Date/Time: Open Until Filled