About Our Job
This is a part-time position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. Part-time positions may have routine or variable work schedules.
This position will be located at Carla Madison Recreation Center. This state-of-the-art, 70,000 square-foot LEED Gold certified facility is located on the corner of Josephine St. and Colfax Ave in the heart of Denver, Colorado. The center includes an eight-lane lap pool, leisure pool, gymnasium, fitness areas, community gathering spaces, classrooms, dog park, kid watch center and other outdoor amenities.
Carla Madison Recreation Center is a highly active, mixed generational, and multicultural center that had nearly 500,000 in its first year. We are looking to bring on a part-time Event Facilitator to support operations of our rooftop event space! Carla Madison's event space is perfect for corporate events, private celebrations, and weddings. You will work closely with permit holders and serves as the 'day-of' contact. You will also conduct walk-throughs and damage assessments, and be present the day of events to ensure rules and regulations are followed and the venue is in good condition at the end of the event.
- Conduct tours with permit holders to ensure their needs can be met
- Explain regulations, policies and procedures to permit holders
- Respond to incoming phone calls and emails regarding inquiries and bookings
- Communicate and coordinate with all stakeholders
- Respond to event related emergencies and resolve issues, or coordinate with supervisor to resolve the issues
- Serve as the on-site, day of event contact for private events held at the venue
- Oversee on site operations of events to ensure all rules, regulations, and permit contract agreements are followed
- Assess damages and walks-through a pre- and post-event checklist with the permit holder
- Perform all other duties as assigned
We are looking for an outgoing Event Facilitator who enjoys making sure that events at our venue run smoothly from start to finish. You will be a problem solver; and quick thinker that is comfortable working with all types of people and personalities. Strong consideration will be given to candidates who have previous event facilitation experience particularly with corporate or wedding events.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be willing to work evenings, nights, and weekends
- Be proficient with MS Office and POS (Point of Sale System)
- Have prior in person customer service experience
- Experience in customer conflict resolution/mediation
- Customer service experience facilitating both private and public events
- Have a current CPRA/First Aid/AED Certification
We realize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you have the following minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience: Two (2) years of customer service work in special events or related industry
- Licensure/Certification(s): Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
- Education/Experience: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
About Everything Else
CC2949 Events Facilitator
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$20.47 - $30.71
Parks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.