Description: Position Summary
Instructional Technology Services (ITS) provides support and leadership to the university in the development of strategies that facilitate the successful uses of technologies to enhance teaching and learning, create effective learning environments, and fac
ilitate research and learning innovations. Instructional Technology Services is made up of 19 staff and four administrators.
The Learning Environments Support Technician provides classroom support to faculty, primarily in the evenings, but also during the daytime. As a member of the ITS Learning Environments group, this position assists with the construction, maintenance and support of classroom technology systems. This position also assists with day-to-day operations of ITS's equipment loan service.
The Information Technology Division celebrates diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We understand representation is essential to our success, which is why we strive to recruit and retain highly-skilled, compassionate team members. We aim to offer opportunities for advancement and foster an inclusive environment so all are valued and empowered to thrive. Please read more about the IT Division here: https://it.sdsu.edu/about
For information about Instructional Technology Services, click here
Full-time, benefits eligible, temporary position anticipated to end on or before June 30, 2023, with the possibility of reappointment and/or permanency. This position is designated non-exempt under FLSA and is eligible for overtime compensation.
- During Summer: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- During Fall and Spring Semesters: Monday - Thursday, 1:00 pm - 10:00 pm and Friday, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
This position is physically located at the SDSU Main Campus in San Diego. Education and Experience
Licenses and/or Certifications Required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study.
- A valid CA driver's license or the ability to obtain one within 10 days of hire.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of a broad range of audio and video equipment, including distribution and projection systems.
- Experience with the design, fabrication, and retrofitting of Smart Classroom or classroom audiovisual systems.
- Experience evaluating and recommending audiovisual equipment for Smart Classroom or classroom systems.
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, telecommunications, film and new media, or related field.
- Two or more years of experience providing academic technology support in a higher education setting.
- Experience programming Extron Electronics control systems (e.g. Matrix, Pro Series, DTP CrossPoint, GVE) or similar control systems.
- Experience preparing diagrams and appropriate documentation (e.g. line drawings, floor plans, parts list, work plans) for Smart Classroom or classroom design and development projects.
Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources. Starting salary upon appointment is not expected to exceed $4,333 per month.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here
CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,388 - $6,744 per month. SDSU Vaccine Policy
In accordance with the California State University system wide policy, students, faculty, and staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide a valid medical or religious exemption in order to access campus. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated for five months after their final dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or for two months after receiving the only dose of a single-dose vaccine. Afterward a COVID-19 booster is required to continue to be considered fully vaccinated.
The individual hired into this role will be required to submit their completed vaccination documentation to the university's secure online health portal prior to beginning work. Individuals with an approved medical or religious exemption on file with the university will be required to participate in SDSU's COVID-19 testing program. Supplemental Information
Initial review of the required application materials, including cover letters and resumes, will begin on June 8, 2022. To receive full consideration, apply by June 7, 2022. The position will remain open until filled.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
San Diego State University is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions (e.g., H-1B visa). Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click here
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Meracle Cothron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled