CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Lead Custodian performs the full range of custodial work of the Custodian and leads a group of custodians. The incumbent assists custodial staff in performing their duties and provides support during absences.
• Trains and instructs others in the performance of their duties, including appropriate custodial practices and techniques, and the safe use of equipment and materials.
• Assigns, reviews, and inspects the work of assigned staff, including completing inspection forms and assists in maintaining employee time records and reporting absences.
• Provides input to employee evaluations; coordinates custodial support for campus events; and identifies and reports equipment, supply, and repair needs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3PyrmLw
• Two years of custodial or janitorial experience which has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed.
• LICENSE: CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS A VALID CALIFORNIA DRIVER'S LICENSE
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Working knowledge of effective lead/supervisory practices and techniques; methods, materials, chemicals, and equipment used in custodial work, such as floor machines, buffers, and extractors; and safety and sanitation measures appropriate for custodial work.
• Ability and specialized skills to: provide lead work direction, including training others in proper work methods and safety and providing feedback on work performance; use computers to track work orders and order supplies and materials; analyze situations and take appropriate action; follow verbal and written instructions; read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
• Ability to perform work involving regular physical activity; and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, faculty, students, and other employees. Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment, exercise discretion, maintain confidences, and act in an honest, ethical, and professional manner.
• Exercise good communication, behave with the highest degree of integrity, be able to maintain a confidential trust with others, and demonstrate good customer service skills.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification / grade: 2015 / Lead Custodian / 1
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3128 - $3566, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3128 - $5138 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; 4pm - 12:30 am; Monday through Friday.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• Applications received through June 3, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California