Description: Department of Psychology
Part-Time Lecturer Pool POSITION
The Department of Psychology at CSU Fullerton invites applications for its Part-Time Lecturer Pool.
We are seeking experienced, well-organized, and student-centered individuals to teach in the following subject areas.
- Introductory Psychology (101)
- Critical Thinking in Psychology (110): (This is a general education course in critical thinking.)
- Introduction to Statistics (201)
- Research Methods (202) (This has a combination of lecture-discussion and laboratory sessions.)
- Intermediate Research Methods and Statistics (300)
- Learning and Memory (302 & 302L)
- Sensation and Perception (303 & 303L)
- Comparative Animal Behavior (304 & 304L)
- Cognitive Psychology (305 & 305L)
- Biopsychology (306 & 306L)
- Educational Psychology (311)
- Human Sexual Behavior (312)
- Psychology and Law (317)
- Political Psychology (318)
- Personality Psychology (331)
- Abnormal Psychology (341)
- Social Psychology (351)
- Developmental Psychology (361)
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology (391)
- History of Psychology (408)
- Psychological Testing (461)
- Advanced Statistics (465)
- Health Psychology (474)
- Survey of Clinical Psychology (481)
- Group Psychotherapy (560)
- Couples Therapy (562)
This is a pool of part-time lecturers for the department to draw on as necessary.
APPOINTMENTS FROM THE PART-TIME POOL ARE TEMPORARY AND OFTEN MADE JUST PRIOR TO THE START OF THE ACADEMIC TERM. APPLICANTS MUST BE AVAILABLE ON VERY SHORT NOTICE. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidates must have at least a Master's degree in a field related to the curriculum of the Department of Psychology.
- Candidates should demonstrate their ability to interact and work effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students, including first-generation college students.
HOW TO APPLY
- A Ph.D. or extensive professional experience is desirable for teaching upper-division courses (300- or 400-level) and required for 500-level graduate courses.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have prior teaching experience at the college or university level and who can furnish evidence of strong teaching.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in working with diverse populations and fostering a collaborative, supportive and inclusive environment.
- Preference will also be given to those with relevant work experience and those who bring professional capabilities.
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. Please provide the following materials:
- Cover letter which includes a statement of which courses qualified to teach
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Diversity statement - This statement provides the applicant's unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional careers. The purpose of the diversity statement is to help the department identify candidates who have professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help CSUF contribute to its mission in these areas
- Documentation of teaching effectiveness (if available)
- Sample course syllabi (if available)
- Graduate academic transcripts (unofficial copies accepted until appointment)
- Summary of teaching evaluations (if available)
Applications will be reviewed as needed.
Please direct all questions about the position to Dr. Laura Zettel-Watson, Department Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org ABOUT THE COLLEGE AND THE DEPARTMENT The College:
The mission of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at California State University, Fullerton is to educate students to be culturally, globally, socially, historically and environmentally astute, civically responsible alumni able to navigate an increasingly complex and interconnected world.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences' departments and programs offer students the breadth of a traditional liberal arts education in the humanities and social sciences while preparing them for a wide range of professions, for graduate school, and for advanced professional study in fields such as law, education, public administration, clinical psychology, and business. Students who graduate with a degree from H&SS are assured of having depth of understanding in their field of study and the useful core skills that are most attractive to prospective employers and to success in graduate school.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences is the largest college at Cal State Fullerton, offering 23 undergraduate degrees, 38 minors, and 15 graduate degrees. The 20 departments and programs employ over 450 faculty and 50 staff members serving more than 7,500 students and annually awarding over 2,000 degrees. For more information about the college, please go to http://hss.fullerton.edu/ The Department:
The Department of Psychology plays a major role in contributing to the general education experiences of students in humanities and the social sciences while also serving more than 2800 majors at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Most courses are three-units per semester, typically offered in a lecture-discussion mode, but some are laboratory courses. Further information regarding the Psychology program's curriculum and its faculty may be obtained from the departmental website at https://psychology.fullerton.edu
California State University, Fullerton is a minority-serving institution and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum. CSUF fosters an inclusive environment within which students, faculty, staff, and administrators thrive. Individuals advancing the University's strategic diversity goals and those from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. APPOINTMENT DATE AND ACADEMIC CALENDAR
The need for part-time faculty is greatest in Fall and Spring semesters. The Fall term begins in the late August and ends in mid-December; the Spring term runs from the middle of January through the end of May. On rare occasions part-time faculty are needed during one of the Summer Session segments. APPOINTMENT AND SALARY
All part-time faculty appointments are made as Lecturers, under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the CSU system and the California Faculty Association. Initial appointments are for one semester only. Typical starting salaries for part-time faculty range from $5,277 to approximately $6,297 per semester for a three-unit class.
For a description of potential benefits, go to https://hr.fullerton.edu/total-wellness/benefits/ PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Regular performance evaluations of part-time lecturers are made by the department in accord with the faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement and University Policy Statement 210.070
. These performance evaluations determine which lecturers will be retained for future and continued teaching assignments. And in some instances, syllabi, assignments and reading material will be reviewed by the departmental personnel committee. CAMPUS & AREA
Standing on 241 acres at the heart of Southern California, the university was founded in 1957 and has grown into a population of over 41,000 students. As Titans, we believe that diverse perspectives deepen our understanding. We are committed to giving students the support they need to graduate, while responding to California's revolving work force needs. At California State University, Fullerton we strive for continual improvement of students, staff, faculty and administrators through orientations, training programs and professional development opportunities. As part of the Titan Community, you have access to many campus facilities and services including but not limited to the Grand Central Art Center in Santa Ana, CSUF Garden Grove Center, Fullerton Arboretum, cultural events and performances in the Clayes Performing Arts Center, Cal State Fullerton Athletics sports events, Titan Recreation Center, and the Employee Wellness Program. MANDATED REPORTER PER CANRA
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse And Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083, revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment. CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CLEARANCE NOTICE
This offer is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory background check and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or if information was knowingly withheld or falsified.
Please note, that continued employment is contingent upon your successful completion of a background screening as required under CSU policy. Faculty rehired at CSUF after a break in service of 12 or more months who have not had a CSUF background check within the past 12 months will be subject to a new background check; rehire is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the new background check OUT-OF-STATE EMPLOYMENT POLICY
In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and requires hiring employees to perform CSU related work within the State of California. COVID-19
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.com
. TITLE IX Notice of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Gender or Sex and Contact Information for Title IX Coordinator CLERY ACT DISCLOSURE
California State University Fullerton is committed to assisting all members of the community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security and fire safety report is available on the CSUF website. If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains this information, you can stop by the Police Department in at 800 North State College Blvd or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (657) 278-7286.
Closing Date/Time: May 31, 2023