About Our Job
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
We arehiring part-time, on-call Snow Removal Operators for air side and land side snow removal.These are on-call positions, which means that when the snow flies, we'll start calling this list of Snow Removal Operators to come lend a hand.
This is an on-call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On-call positions may have routine or variable work schedules.
Since this position requires the use of highly specialized heavy equipment at a busy airport, on-site training on the equipment and training/testing to receive your CDL will be provided.
- Performs snow removal using various equipment
- Performs inspections of equipment to ensure proper working order, which includes checking fluid levels and leaks, conditions of hoses and belts, tire pressure, brakes, lights, and other related mechanical components as required by the City and/or the Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles
- Completes daily work reports and paperwork as required
- Observes all safety practices associated with the operation of equipment, and common hand and power tools
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Candidates will work one of the two shifts: 3:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. -or- 3:30 P.M. to 3:30 A.M., these schedules are subject to change based on weather.
We are looking for candidates with some or all the following skills and experience:
- Experience with heavy equipment snow removal such as: Brooms, Tractors, Loaders, Blowers, Graders, Pushers, Sanders and Plows (single & tandem).
- Candidates who possess a valid CDLlicense, or Class B CDLpermit arepreferred ; however, DENwill provide the necessary training andtestingto obtain a Class BCDL
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience: Two years of experience operating equipment.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of the minimum experience requirements.
- Licensure/Certifications: Requires a valid Driver’s License at the time of application. Requires a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL "B") with appropriate endorsements within six (6) months of employment and must be kept current as a condition of employment.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
About Everything Else
CJ2923 Aviation Snow Removal Operator
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$21.70 - $32.55
$25 an hour
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.