: Scheduling Analyst Classification Title:
Administrative Analyst/Specialist Non-Exempt Posting Details
Priority Application Deadline (Posting will remain open until filled): Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 11:55 p.m.Hiring Preference
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2,5,7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment. Position Summary
Under the lead work direction of the Scheduling Coordinator (AA/S Exempt II) and reporting directly to the Director of Space Management, the Scheduling Analyst is responsible for the daily oversight and coordination of facilities scheduling and associated administrative operations for the Office of Space Management. This position provides lead work direction to the Scheduling Specialist (ASC II), supervises/trains students, and offers ongoing consultation and technical support to campus end users. This position schedules classes and all types of activities and events in University State owned facilities and conducts a variety of specialized functions that require independent analysis and sound judgement in resolving scheduling and billing problems, preparing reports and correspondence, and developing technical/procedural documentation. This position requires thorough and extensive knowledge of relevant scheduling policies and procedures, familiarity with University facilities to be scheduled, coordination of services to be provided in conjunction with scheduled activities, collaboration with internal and external customers and campus service departments, and appropriate technical and computer skills. This position also necessitates providing the highest level of customer service possible.FLSA
: Non-Exempt. Position is benefits-eligible.CSU Classification Salary Range
: $3,288 - $6,347 per month Hiring Range
: Anticipated hiring range is $3,288 - $4,435 per month, commensurate with candidate's experience, skills, training and education.Salary Grade/Range
: 1Recruitment Type
: Regular (probationary)Time Base
: Full-TimePay Plan
: 12 monthsWork Hours
: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Work is on-site.Department Information
Space Management (SM) is a unit of the Business & Administrative Services (BAS) family within the Division of Administration & Business Affairs (ABA). Space Management is delegated the authority and responsibility to govern space use and schedule academic and State-owned, controlled and operated campus space on behalf of Sacramento State. Space Management coordinates the use of University controlled facilities for classes, final examinations, and events and implements and communicates space use charges and terms and conditions.Minimum Qualifications
Entry to this classification requires knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, and programs.Required Qualifications EXPERIENCE
- Extensive customer service experience with staff, faculty, administration, students, and/or the public.
- Experience providing training, supervision, and/or lead work direction to staff and students.
- Experience with class scheduling, event scheduling, and coordination of event services.
- Experience learning, interpreting, applying, and explaining a variety of complex policies and procedures to internal and external customers.
- Experience in performing basic budgeting and monitoring expenses.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, to meet program goals and deadlines.
- Ability to produce clear, well organized, and detailed correspondence, reports, and documentation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to independently analyze, troubleshoot and resolve scheduling problems and billing matters related to class schedule building, facilities conflicts, event services, rental fees, and equipment/supply purchases.
- Ability to assist/train users with scheduling needs, explain how to use scheduling software, and resolve associated technical software issues.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships.
Conditions of Employment:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding organization and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Accomplished skills performing data entry, report processing, and file manipulation.
- Proficient skills using office software packages, technology, and systems (e.g., MS Office/365 Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, OneNote, etc.), Internet browsers, Adobe Acrobat, Screen Capture tools, and Windows operating system).
- Practical skills developing training, technical, and procedural documentation.
- Ability to pass a background check.Preferred Qualifications
16. Proficient skills using Astra Schedule, CMS (Common Management System)/PeopleSoft HR and SA, CFS, Concur Travel, Crystal Reports, Cognos, SnagIt, CSU Buy, Procurement VISA card, AiM, Video/Web Conferencing tools (Zoom, Skype for Business, etc.), Web applications, and/or other internal campus systems.
17. Experience working in an institution of higher education.
18. Working knowledge of Sacramento State, its culture, mission, strategic plan, physical environment, facilities, and relevant scheduling policies and procedures.
19. Bachelor's degree from accredited institution.Required Licenses/Certifications
N/A Documents Needed to Apply
Resume and cover letter. Failure to upload these documents to the online application may result in disqualification. About Sac State Sacramento State
is located in the heart of California's capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the "Farm-to-Fork Capital," is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State's 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: " As California's capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement. " As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy
, and campus safety
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code
, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State
? page.Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. One variation of background check required could be a LiveScan screening, which involves submitting fingerprints at a certified LiveScan Service Center. COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.comOut of State Employment Policy
Sacramento State University, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up)on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy
prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/benefits/reasonable-accomodation.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/compliance/hr-compliance/mandatory-dhr-training.html
. Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union. Eligibility Verification
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1-B Visa). Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.Conflict of Interest:
The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled