Description:Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $4,493.00/month to $6,395.00/month. PLEASE NOTE:
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $4,493.00/month to $5,444.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
University Extension (UE) is a self-support unit of the University and provides educational programs to matriculated and non-matriculated students. Classes offered may be held at the Hayward campus, Concord campus, the Oakland Center, other offsite locations and online. In its operation, UE provides many functions that are dispersed in specialized units on campus and this position requires strong collaboration and partnership with existing units (e.g. registration, marketing, collection of fees and tuition).
This position provides administrative and student support for the fully Online BSBA Program. This position supports, promotes, develops and implements relevant learning opportunities across the spectrum of Online BSBA program courses to provide a relevant and informative education experience. This specialization includes developing skills in assessing candidates for admission, rendering admission decisions and conducting full general evaluations for transfer students. Responsibilities
Program Coordination Support
- Serve as program contact for BSBA Online Program.
- Work closely with departments, administration, faculty and staff to maximize student success and retention, paying special attention to GI2025.
- Provide high-level customer service and support to students
- Maintain partnerships with other University departments including (but not limited to) Financial Aid, Enrollment Services, Veterans Services, and Student Financial Services to provide students with individualized support, and major advising, as needed.
- Meet/check-in regularly with BSBA Online Program Coordinator and SS Director.
- Answer or ensure that all Salesforce (program promotion) student inquiries about the program are appropriately routed/addressed in a timely manner.
- Develop materials including program-specific content for marketing/promotion and for current students
- Resolve complaints and issues related to students and instructors, by referring issues as necessary to the BSBA Online Coordinator, and/or appropriate Department Chair
- Maintain an electronic portfolio of program documents/materials, including updating Major Evaluation forms, Graduation Check sheets, and Orientation PowerPoint slides, to reflect catalog updates and program changes. Revises and updates all administrative materials, including updating instructor lists on a term-by-term basis.
- Supports activities of the BSBA Online Program by establishing a relationship between various units in Enrollment Services (Registrar, Financial Aid Office, Graduation Evaluation, Admissions) staff, and works with those units to devise new policies and procedures to meet the unique needs of our students
- Track, and report on data including: revenues, expenses, and enrollments for individual program and course budget
- Evaluate programs using enrollments, instructor, and student feedback to make recommendations for continuing existing courses/programs and implement changes/revisions
- Alongside academic/college partners offer additional program options to support term-by-term student needs
- Make recommendations on class/course section offerings within given terms based on program and student needs
Enrollment Management/TES and DAR's
- Assist with all BSBA program student enrollment registration campaigns
- Verify and enforce prerequisites for specific courses
- Process TES requests.
- Review and resolve discrepancies on Degree Audit Reports (DAR's).
- Keep abreast of latest developments in higher education administration by collaborating with sibling campus counterparts and attending conferences as needed.
Train and Lead ASC
- Support of annual Commencement celebration/events
- Provide training to Administrative Support Coordinator I (ASC I)
- Assign work to and lead ASC I
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of the procedures and practices in educational program and curriculum planning; resources of the campus and the surrounding community; and the processes required to plan and construct academic programs and course outlines.
Ability to determine needs for new or revised programs; plan course hours and credit; develop course outlines with instructors; locate instructors and to assist them in understanding and completing contract arrangements; develop budgets and analyze costs; write promotional materials and to develop a variety of promotional techniques; represent the CSU system to the community and develop working relationships; manage logistics of providing classes; and maintain cost information and records.
Equivalent to two years of experience in planning classes or programs in a specialized field or area, preferably in higher, extended, or adult education. Experience developing resources, budgets, and marketing plans for educational programs and in acting as a liaison with the community is desirable. Teaching experience in higher or extended education may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university, preferably with courses in adult education and curriculum planning. Condition(s) of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled