About Our Job
We are offering a hiring bonus of $2500 to new employees hired from this recruitment. The details of the bonus will be discussed at interview and/or offer. Note: The hiring bonus will not be applicable to City and County of Denver employees who are currently employed with the city or who have been separated from the city for fewer than 6 months.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
Our plumbing team is responsible for wide range of duties throughout the airport. From day-to-day preventative maintenance, emergency response repair in various environments, facilities, as well as storm drainage systems and sewers. You will be working with a team that uses an extensive selection of equipment to work on large scale plumbing systems. Our schedules offer flexibility with a 4 /10 work week. (10-hour shifts, 4 days per week) .
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs preventative maintenance, maintenance and repair work on all plumbing systems and fixtures in accordance to agency or department standards and code requirements.
- Installs or alters new or upgraded plumbing systems and fixtures for the purpose of construction, tenant finishing or remodeling according to diagram specifications and code requirements.
- Responds to plumbing service or trouble calls, troubleshoots and provides problem resolution.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs various types of fire protection systems.
- Maintains, tests, and installs devices for the prevention of backflow, back siphonage or cross connection.
- Prepares working sketches and works from blueprints, written, or verbal instructions.
- Maintains records and prepares daily activity reports.
- Estimates materials, labor and equipment costs.
- Assists in the maintenance and repair work in a variety of skilled trades areas.
- Participates in snow removal duties.
Are you looking for stability and great benefits? Are you ready to work in a dynamic environment and receive retirement benefits? Are you looking for an organization that will invest in your growth and development? Then wewantyou! We are looking for dedicated plumbers to work in the dynamic and ever-changing atmosphere of DEN. Commercial or industrial experience is a plus.
Experience installing, diagnosing and repairing the following is ideal but not required:
- Sewer Mains / Lines
- Lift Stations
- Fire Protection Systems
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: None
- Equivalency: One (1) year of journey-level plumber experience maintaining, repairing, and constructing plumbing systems and equipment.
- Licensure & Certification: Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Requires a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL "B") with appropriate endorsements by the end of probation. Requires a valid Journey Plumber's License issued by the State of Colorado at the time of application. Licensure in another state with reciprocity may be accepted in lieu of this requirement, provided that the applicant has Colorado licensure at completion of probation. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
FBI Background Check : An FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony conviction and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance / be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Shift Work / Snow Duties / Emergency Incidents: This position requires shift work as DEN is a 24/7/365 operation (includes nights, weekends and holidays). Mandatoryextended/additionalshifts can be required. Additionally, this position is required to work mandatory snow duties, which vary and can include nights, weekends and holidays.
About Everything Else
CJ2571 Plumber I
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$28.47 - $44.13
Based on Education and Experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.