CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Chair of the Criminology and Justice Studies department, the Administrative Support Assistant provides day-to-day administrative support to the department and affiliated programs. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining department front office and monitoring student assistant schedules.
• Responsible for establishing faculty recruitment searches.
• Implements travel requests and organizes the travel processes for faculty, provides support for departmental events, scholarships and securing space for events.
• Coordinates, monitors, and transmits textbook orders from faculty and procures departmental supplies and assists in maintaining the department webpage and social media presence.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/39dCBsm
• Equivalent to three (3) years of full-time, general office clerical work that has provided the applicant with the knowledge and abilities listed.
• Equivalent to full-time college or university education/vocational school training in business or job-related field may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the required experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; and office methods and basic filing systems procedures and practices.
• Ability and specialized skills to: organize, coordinate, and prioritize multiple tasks; learn, identify, and independently interpret and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures; review and resolve routine clerical problems.
• Work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; prepare and draft memoranda and correspondence; keep moderately complex records and files; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; operate standard office equipment, and software.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification / grade: 1032 / ASA / 2
• The anticipated HIRING RATE is $3120 per month. The salary range for this classification is: $3120 - $4592 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• Applications received through May 25, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California