SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR 1- UNDERFILL FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR 2 - Requisition ID: [[id]]
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Carson, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa
Department: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Division: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Business Unit: HR-CORRECTIONAL PROGRAMS
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 31
Salary Range: $43,346.88 - $63,740.00
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: ADRIAN L FOSTER
Phone: 702 486-2911
Substance Abuse Counselors perform professional duties in areas of screening, assessment, case management, education, and treatment of clients and perform related administrative duties and recordkeeping in accordance with the standards and requirements of the Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselors.
This is an underfill for a Substance Abuse Counselor 2, at the Warms Springs Correctional Center (WSCC), located in Carson City Nevada.
Incumbents perform initial intake of clients; review personal history file and court documents; conduct interviews and explain counseling programs; gather information and evaluate personality traits; evaluate the extent of drug and alcohol addiction. Conduct individualized and group counseling sessions; determine goals and time tables for treatment; discuss progress with clients; document behavior and attitude in relation to treatment goals and objectives. Plan, develop, organize and conduct alcohol and drug abuse classes; provide in-service training to institutional staff. Prepare statistical documentation showing the number of clients assigned to substance abuse programs; compile, classify and store data for future research and analysis.
To view full class specifications, visit: http://hr.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/hrnvgov/Content/Resources/ClassSpecs/12/12-466spc(3).pdf
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a field of social science approved by the Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselors and eligibility for certification as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor Intern as established by State law and the Board.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066 positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment must submit to a preemployment screening test for controlled substances.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check may be required of the selected applicant.
- A valid drivers license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Licensure as a Certified Counselor or Licensed Counselor from the Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselors is required at the time of application and as a condition of continuing employment.
- May require work on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
Carson City Nearest Secondary Market: