IT MANAGER 2 - Requisition ID: [[id]]
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Carson, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa
Department: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Division: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Business Unit: HR-DIRECTOR'S OFFICE
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 43
Salary Range: $72,871.20 - $109,849.68
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: KENNETH R SCHULZ
Phone: 775 684-0147
Information Technology (IT) Managers are responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the IT activities, in one or more IT specialization areas, of the State, a department, or a division.
The Nevada Department of Corrections is recruiting for an IT Manager 2 position to be located in Carson City. This position will be the Systems Administrator. As a lead System Administrator, incumbents manage and support the entire department IT infrastructure and ongoing operations; which includes the Nevada Offender Tracking System (NOTIS), KRONOS, storage devices, O365, eDirectory, backups, virtual environments, surveillance systems, file sharing, Novell/Micro Focus, network printing, IPAM (DNS and DHCP).
System Administrators install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain IT infrastructure. Incumbents should possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency in different operating systems including Linux, Unix, Windows, etc., and scripting languages including Bash, Python, PowerShell etc., to perform advanced-level work; provide work direction and training to others, conduct routine analysis of hardware and software, make proactive recommendations in relation to identified needs.
Incumbents perform IT managerial duties and interact with internal management levels or external peers and higher supervisory levels to solve problems involving conflict or controversy requiring interpretation/application of policy. Incumbents supervise a staff of IT professionals on a regular and recurring basis and lower-level IT Managers, IT Technicians, and support staff as required. Subordinates may include Master IT Professional II's.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and six years of progressively responsible professional IT experience which involved strategic planning, project management, quality assurance, and computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, or applications analysis and development. Three years of this experience must have been in a supervisory or project manager capacity; OR one year of experience as an IT Manager I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Statewide travel may be required.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check may be required of the selected applicant.
- This position is subject to working nights, weekends and holidays.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
Carson City Nearest Secondary Market: