The Job *****ONLY THE FIRST 250 APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED***** Apply by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, May 18, 2022 to be considered for 1st Round Interviews
San Bernardino County is recruiting for experienced HR Finance/Cost Analysts
to support the labor negotiations team. This position will be responsible for assisting the negotiating team throughout the bargaining process including costing out short-term and long-term, all-encompassing contractual impacts. Ensuring information provided displays the full scope of all financial items, which is essential to a productive and successful bargaining discussion. Primary duties include:
- Research financial data and analyze costs of bargaining proposals .
- Provide near and long-range forecasting to enhance strategic decision making.
- Report recommendations both verbally and in writing to the bargaining team.
- Perform verification tasks, interpretation, and communication of financial data.
- Interpret contract terms; review and monitor contracts and ensure financial considerations are gathered and reported accurately.
- Prepare analytical reports, correspondence, and memoranda.
- May provide financial analytical support in a variety of other areas essential to a department's operations such as budget/fiscal management, or organizational/staffing analysis and costs.
*Official Title: Human Resources Analyst I CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Travel throughout the County is required. Employees will be required to make provisions for transportation and may be required to use personal vehicles (mileage reimbursement is available). At the time of hire, a valid California Class C driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance must be produced for the individual providing the transportation.
- Background : Candidates selected for this position must pass a background investigation and medical examination including drug screening; candidate selected for law enforcement departments, public safety positions, or positions where legally required, must pass a more stringent background check.
These positions require both
education and experience; to advance in the process applicants must meet one of the three options for Experience and
one of the two options for Education: REQUIRED EXPERIENCE Option 1
One (1) year of experience as a Staff Analyst II Trainee in San Bernardino County, which must have included substantial responsibility in the areas of fiscal/costing analysis. Option 2
Eighteen (18) months of professional-level accounting or fiscal monitoring experience, which included conducting compliance and other audits, internal fiscal reviews, fees and/or cost analysis, and performing other related, highly responsible accounting/fiscal duties. REQUIRED EDUCATION Option 1 Bachelor's degree
in public/business administration, behavioral/social science, accounting/finance or other relevant field of study. Option 2 Associate's degree
in public/business administration, behavioral/social science, accounting/finance or other relevant field of study AND
an additional one (1) year of experience*
supporting management or professional level administrative services staff in any of the following areas: conducting compliance and other audits, internal fiscal reviews, fees and/or cost analysis, and performing other related, highly responsible accounting/fiscal duties. *
T he 1 year of experience used to qualify under Education Option 2
will be treated as a substitution
for the Bachelor's degree and will not count towards the Required Experience. Important Notes Regarding Qualifying Education and Experience:
Desired Qualifications Ideal candidates
- Qualifying degrees or coursework must be completed at a college or university accredited by any accrediting association recognized by the United States Department of Education. Degrees or coursework completed outside the U.S. must be accompanied with an evaluation report from a reputable credential evaluation service showing equivalency to degrees or coursework completed at a college or university accredited by any accrediting association recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- General office/clerical, retail sales, eligibility worker, employment services, child support services and other similar experience is not considered qualifying.
will have extensive accounting/costing experience, researching and interpreting contracts.
Essential knowledge and skills include:
Selection Process Application Procedure :
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional presence and proven ability to influence others.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines.
- Excel Skills - Intermediate to advanced skill level, including ability to perform pivot tables, VLOOKUP and complex formulas is required.
- Access Skills - Knowledge preferred, but not required.
- Customer Service Skills - The candidate will have to converse with diverse groups of people.
- Strong analytical skills, organized, and very detail oriented.
To receive priority consideration for this excellent promotional opportunity, please complete and submit the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire as soon as possible. Applications will be processed as needed; recruitment may close at any time once a sufficient number of qualified applications are received.
Note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application and/or the supplemental questionnaire.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records.
If you require technical assistance, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by computer or browser used to submit the application. Selection Process:
T he selection process will consist of a competitive evaluation of qualifications based on the application and responses to the supplemental questions. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the appointing authority for further consideration. EEO/ADA: San Bernardino County is an
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants. ADA Accommodation: If you have a disability and require accommodations in the testing process, submit the
Special Testing Accommodations Request Form within one week of a recruitment filing deadline.
Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process
- Veterans' Preference: Eligible veterans and their spouse or widow(er) who are not current County employees may be awarded additional Veterans' Preference points. Click here for information and instructions to request Veteran's Preference points.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous