CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Interim Director, the Student Employment Advisor assists with coordination of daily operations, activities, services, advising support, and program assessment for the From Here to Career on-campus student employment program. The incumbent works closely with the On-Campus Student Employment Career Counselor to ensure effective program organization and implementation.
• Conducts career advising sessions with program participants and peer mentors.
• Assists with data collection and the development and analysis of program assessments and year-end reports.
• Provides general outreach to, and support for, campus employers and participants.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3KJ55ad
• Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration, or a job-related field.
• Equivalent to one year of experience in professional Student Services work at the entry trainee level.
• Master's degree in a job-related field may be substituted for the required experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• General knowledge of the methods and problems of organization and program management; working knowledge of research and interviewing techniques; working knowledge of the principles of individual and group behavior.
• Ability to rapidly acquire such knowledge of the organization, procedures and activities of the specific campus to which the position is assigned; and working knowledge of the basic principles, practices and major trends in the Student Services field to which assigned.
• Ability and specialized skills to: rapidly acquire a working knowledge of the specific objectives of the campus Student Services program and its relationship to the total campus operation; interpret and apply program rules and regulations; gather and analyze data.
• Ability to reason logically, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations; present clear and concise information orally and in written reports; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, CSU administrators, student organizations and other private and public agencies.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification: 3079 - SSP IB
• The anticipated HIRING RATE is $3796, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3796 -$5369 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position, end date to be determined.
• Applications received through May 20 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California