CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Information Booth Attendant serves as campus ambassadors to all customers visiting the university. The incumbent provides services in the form of campus event information, wayfinding directions and the sale of daily parking permits.
• Uses prescribed campus procedures and guidelines in greeting visitors and providing appropriate parking instructions.
• Provides campus information obtained from the campus event calendar, campus maps and other sources of information related to the CSUN campus.
• Counts and reconciles money collected from daily parking permit sales
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3vOzxu2
• High school diploma or equivalent and three to six months related experience.
• LICENSE: CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS A VALID CALIFORNIA DRIVER'S LICENSE.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Working knowledge of applicable procedures and regulations related to campus security, public safety, and parking. Working knowledge of alarm and radio systems.
• Ability to: detect and respond appropriately to potential hazardous or crime situations; observe and recall details and incidents; act and resolve parking and traffic problems; write standard incident reports in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals including the campus community, general public and law enforcement personnel; and handle sensitive situations with tact and confidentiality.
• Ability to work through the year going from the enclosed booth to outside areas and therefore must be prepared to work in changing climate conditions as well as rotating schedules. Ability to work independently at the various Information Booths around the campus.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification / grade: 8820 / Community Service Specialist
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3120 - $3285, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3120 - $4501 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; will work extended hours for special vents.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• Applications received through May 9, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The selected candidate must pass a fingerprint clearance (Livescan).
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California