The primary goal of this position is to plan, schedule and supervise facilities RM (Repair and Maintenance), and operations of engineering systems of multiple crafts, (e.g., electricians, plumbers, HVAC techs, building engineers and welders.) Successful supervision will provide functionally and aesthetically maintained facilities, improve systems reliability, reduce unplanned downtime and mitigate event disruptions.CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS
This position is expected to provide exceptional customer service to all ambassadors, building partners, clients and guests by maintaining fully operational, comfortable, safe, reliable and code compliant facilities. Successful service will ensure the facilities value is maintained, enhances marketing efforts and fully support the organizations mission, goals and objectives. SAFETY EXPECTATIONS
At the LVCVA, safety is everyone's job. All ambassadors are expected to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of safe work practices and to comply with established rules, policies, procedures and regulations. In addition, all ambassadors are responsible for eliminating and reporting hazards and incidents. We manage an environment that is safe for all and where tools, guidance and personal involvement are key to our success. DIVERSITY EXPECTATIONS
Inclusion and the embodiment of not only tolerance but a genuine appreciation for a diverse workplace is an essential element of the LVCVA's culture. Supporting and respecting the various cultural and ethical values, behaviors, beliefs and attitudes leads to successful ambassador relations and business results. All levels of supervision are expected to ensure diversity is practiced and is a managing strength in their operation. All levels of ambassadors are expected to respect and support diversity in the workplace.POSITION COMPETENCIES
CORE COMPETENCIES (REQUIRED)
Specific Job Knowledge
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (ADDITIONAL SIX REQUIRED)
TeamworkESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implements preventive or other designated scheduled maintenance plans, to include scheduling and assigning services, inspections, testing, measuring and monitoring.
PURPOSE: Ensure equipment reliability and extended life-cycle, energy conservation, reduce deferred maintenance.
COMPETENCIES: Specific Job Knowledge, Initiative, Innovation, Teamwork
• Responsible for prioritizing, scheduling and assigning daily repair and maintenance activities.
PURPOSE: Reduce reactive maintenance, improved efficiency and facility readiness.
COMPETENCIES: Specific Job Knowledge, Adaptability
• Performs routine facility inspections and quality assurance of completed assignments.
PURPOSE: Ensure quality and time standards are met. Reduces the need for deferred and reactive maintenance.
COMPETENCIES: Customer Focus, Initiative, Specific Job Knowledge, Integrity/Trust
• Monitors and verifies contractors and vendors delivery of goods and services.
PURPOSE: Maintain contract compliance and quality, cost effectiveness, timelines are followed and deadlines are met.
COMPETENCIES: Integrity/Trust, Customer Focus, Initiative, Specific Job Knowledge
• Reviews Preventive Maintenance program, advise and recommend changes to frequency, task list, estimated labor and materials.
PURPOSE: Evaluate program relevancy and operational effectiveness. Ensure equipment reliability and asset protection.
COMPETENCIES: Specific Job Knowledge, Initiative, Innovation, Integrity/Trust
• Identifies and coordinates job specific training for self and all supervised crafts to ensure use of industry best practice and compliance to LVCVA established policies and procedures and regulations.
PURPOSE: Remain code compliant and improve maintenance operations.
COMPETENCIES: Specific Job Knowledge, Adaptability, Innovation, Teamwork
• Ensure implementation of maximum energy and water conservation through improved maintenance, operating procedures/processes, best practices and training.
PURPOSE: Reduced utility cost, environmental stewardship, increase facilities marketing profile.
COMPETENCIES: Initiative, Innovation, Customer Focus, Specific Job Knowledge, Integrity/Trust
• Estimates and secures supplies, equipment and materials.
PURPOSE: Ensure proper supply levels to mitigate work delays, reduce deferred maintenance, greater efficiency and cost control.
COMPETENCIES: Specific Job Knowledge, Initiative, Teamwork
• Timely and accurately completes administrative responsibilities including: time and attendance, procurement card statements, evaluations, budget documentation, safety inspections and briefings.
PURPOSE: Support other departments in achieving their responsibilities, and to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
COMPETENCIES: Commitment, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity/Trust
• Identifies, mentors, and coach ambassadors for potential growth.
PURPOSE: Develop future leaders and support succession planning.
COMPETENCIES: Leadership, Initiative, Judgment, Teamwork
• Assists in the formulation and implementation of the department's annual operating budget.
PURPOSE: Ensure fiscal responsibility with resources allocated to the department.
COMPETENCIES: Integrity/Trust, Innovation, Customer Focus, Teamwork
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Purpose: Effective operations.
COMPETENCIES: Able to perform all applicable competenciesEDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High School graduate or GED; Associates Degree is preferred
- Work experience in at least three specific skilled crafts, e.g. Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Carpentry, Building Engineer etc.
- Three years previous supervisory experience
- Considerable knowledge of tools, materials, and safe work practices
- Considerable knowledge of national and state codes
- Effectively communicates both orally and in writing within engineering, with other departments/trades, with management, and outside contractors
- Demonstrated successful organization of schedules and assigning of work
- Proficient with MS Office Products, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have a valid Nevada driver's license at the time of appointment and must maintain during course of employment.
- EPA Section 608 Universal certification preferred
- Journeyman or equivalent certification in at least one craft; e.g. Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Welding
- Multiple certifications preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an ambassador to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a typical engineering setting, e.g. in and around office buildings and commercial facilities which house electrical equipment and wiring, HVAC equipment, and plumbing fixtures; Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. He/she must be able to walk, stand, kneel, crouch, climb, reach, balance and crawl, have dexterity of hands and feet. Must be able to distinguish color, size, shape and temperature; work in high, precarious places and in all climates. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE). Must be able to drive a vehicle to various work locations when necessary. The individual must have the ability to use standard office equipment, including a computer; ability to read printed materials and a computer screen; ability to communicate in person or over the telephone and radio.