Salary: $51,521.00 - $70,699.00 Annually USD
Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number of applications are received.
The Office of the San Bernardino County Public Defender is currently recruiting qualified candidates to work as a contract Paralegal on the Public Defense Pilot Program. The position offers an exciting opportunity to represent clients with resentencing under Penal Code Sections 1170(d(1), 1170.95, and 3051. ( See BSCC website for information about the Public Defense Pilot Program. )
Public Defense Pilot Program Paralegals will support Public Defense Program attorneys and other staff by:
1. Gathering, organizing, and preparing various documents and for client files.
2. Assisting attorneys with preparing and filing legal documents in court.
3. Organizing and archiving documents related to client files.
4. Keeping track of changes in legal framework, court dates, and other deadlines related to client representation.
Positions will be primarily located in San Bernardino with the possibility of additional assignments in Rancho Cucamonga.
Excellent Salary and Benefits
The position offers a competitive salary, from $51,521 to $70,699 annually, commensurate with experience. Additionally, a generous benefit package includes health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and eligible dependents.
Please note: These are Contract positions and do not attain regular status as County employees.
The ideal candidate will have:
Education: A certificate of a Paralegal Program approved by the American Bar Association.
- OR - Education: Completed at least 24 credits in Paralegal Studies at an accredited, or State-Approved, College or University
- OR - Education and Experience: Complete a Bachelor's Degree in any field with one year of experience working under the supervision of a California lawyer who has been licensed for at least three years.
Candidates should submit an application and/or resume as soon as possible for immediate consideration. Applications will be accepted until sufficient applications are received; recruitment may close at any time without notice.
Applications will be referred directly to the hiring department for consideration.
San Bernardino, California