Introduction THIS IS A NEW ASSEMBLED EXAMINATION
. The eligible list resulting from this examination will cancel any existing list and may last approximately one year but can be extended.This examination may be reopened as necessary and the names of additional candidates will bemerged onto the existing list according to examination score.
be in the possession of the Human Resource Services Department by 5:00 p.m. on the Last Day for Filing. Supplemental Questionnaire
: A properly completed Supplemental Questionnaire must be submitted with each application. Applications and Supplemental Questionnaires must be in the possession of the Human Resource Services Department by 5:00 p.m. on the Last Day for Filing. Failure to submit the Application or Supplemental Questionnaire will result in disqualification. Applications and Supplemental Questionnaires will only be accepted on-line.
DESCRIPTION HEALTH CARE SERVICES AGENCY
Alameda County's Health Services Program is administered by the Health Care Services Agency and includes the following program areas: Behavioral Health Care, Public Health, Environmental Health, and Agency Administration/Indigent Health. The ultimate mission of the Health Care Services Agency is to provide fully integrated health care services through a comprehensive network of public and private partnerships that ensure optimal health and well-being and respect the diversity of all residents. PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
The mission of the Alameda County Public Health Department is to work in partnership with the community to ensure the optimal health and wellbeing of all people. Alameda County Public Health Department has worked for over 80 years to improve the health and safety of its residents and the neighborhoods they live in. The Public Health Department staff are committed to the following values: H
ealthy People in Healthy Communities E
quity and Social Justice A
ccountability and Quality L
eadership and Innovation T
rust and Transparency H
umility and Respect
Traditional public health concerns such as disease outbreaks, environmental hazards and access to health care are compounded by contemporary concerns such as: economic disenfranchisement and homelessness, racism, sexual and reproductive health and rights, crime, violence, and substance abuse. Each of these poses a threat to public health and wellness and calls for innovative solutions, in close partnership with impacted communities. For more information about our Alameda County Public Health Department, please visit the Alameda County Public Health Department Website and latest Annual Budget document found on www.acgov.org THE POSITION
Under administrative and clinical direction, provides professional specialized medical or psychiatric diagnostic and therapeutic specialized services to clients of programs throughout Alameda County Health Care Services Agency; provides technical assistant in program development and medical consultation; assists in policy and protocol development, quality assurance and implementation of program standards; and performs related duties as required. THE VACANCY
There is currently one vacancy in the Family Health Services division within the Public Health Department. However, the eligible list resulting from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies in other program areas. SPECIAL REQUIREMENT :
The Pediatric specialty designation for these positions require one year of pediatric experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS License :
Possession of a license to practice medicine in the State of California. Specialty Designation Requirement :
The Pediatric specialty designation for these positions require one year of pediatric experience. Special Requirements:
- In compliance with the Administrative Simplification provision of the Health Insurance and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), employees in this classification are required to possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number prior to their first day on the job.
- In compliance with Medicare regulations, employees in this classification are required to complete the "Medicare Enrollment Process for Physicians and Non-Physician Practitioners" through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, prior to their first day on the job. Active enrollment in Medicare is a condition of employment. Failure to attain or maintain active enrollment will result in termination.
NOTE : The Civil Service Commission may modify the above Minimum Qualifications in the announcement of an examination.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS The most suitably qualified candidates will possess the following competencies:
Knowledge of :
- Current developments, trends, and research in the medicine/ psychiatry field.
- Principles and practices of a specialized medical/psychiatric area.
- Principles, practices and techniques of medicine and its application.
- Pharmacology/psychopharmacology including law regarding informed consent,dosage ranges, drug incompatibilities, and side effects.
- Medical/Psychiatric diagnosis and treatment.
- Principles, practices and techniques of clinical supervision.
- Disparities in health outcomes for vulnerable populations including socio-economic and environmental factors that affect health equity.
- Principles and practices of effective organization, management, monitoring, quality assurance and quality improvement indicators.
- Principles and practices of public health education and teaching. Interviewing, assessment, and counseling techniques.
- Ten Essential Public Health Services.
- Health systems, agencies community resources and patterns of referral.
- Documentation requirements.
- HIPPA regulations.
- Medical ethics as they relate to patient/client care.
Ability to :
- Develop and monitor appropriate treatment plans.
- Diagnose and treat patients/clients.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of medical specialty services.
- Clinically supervise licensed and professional staff.
- Serve on multidisciplinary teams.
- Maintain medical records and prepare reports.
- Exercise interpersonal sensitivity, political astuteness, and group interaction skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Facilitate and model effective written and oral communication with attention to linguistic preferences and cultural proficiency.
- Exercise independent judgment within the scope of authority and practice.
- Prepare clear, accurate and effective reports, correspondence, policies, informational brochures, and other written materials.
- Utilize basic modern office equipment and technology related to work.
- Incorporate departmental core values and ethical standards of practice into all interactions with individuals, organizations, and communities.
- Explain and provide services in a manner that is compatible with the needs and preferences of community members from diverse backgrounds.
EXAMINATION COMPONENTS THE EXAMINATION WILL CONSIST OF THE FOLLOWING STEPS
CANDIDATES MUST ATTAIN A QUALIFYING RATING ON EACH PORTION OF THIS EXAMINATION.
- A review of candidates' applications to verify possession of minimum requirements.
- Those candidates who possess the minimum qualifications for the class will be placed on the eligible list based on an evaluation of education, training, and experience.
We reserve the right to make changes to the announced examination components.
Alameda County utilizes a Civil Service Selection System founded on merit. Such a system is competitive and based on broad recruitment efforts and equal opportunity for qualified applicants to test in an examination process designed to determine the qualifications, fitness and ability of competitors to perform duties of the vacant position. Many of our recruitments are targeted and specific to the needs of a current vacant position, in which case, the eligible list may be exclusively used for that current vacant position. Other recruitments may be more broadly used for both current and future vacancies, or for other alternate jobs with comparable scopes of work. To learn more about our recruitment and selection process, please visit the "What You Need to Know" section of our website, www.acgov.org/hrs
Applicants will be informed via email with reasonable notice in advance of any examination process which will require their attendance. The following dates are tentative and subject to change based on the needs of the Agency: TENTATIVE SELECTION PLAN:
Deadline for Filing:
May 2, 2022
Review of Minimum Qualifications:
May 9, 2022
Departmental Hiring/Selection Interview:
To Be Determined WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE ANNOUNCED RECRUITMENT & SELECTION PLAN
Alameda County and the Human Resource Services Department will make reasonable efforts in the examination and/or selection process to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities and/or medical conditions in accordance/compliance with the State Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Alameda County's Reasonable Accommodation Policy and applicable statutes.To request an accommodation due to a disability/medical condition during this or other phases of the examination/selection process, please contact the assigned Human Resources Representative listed on the job announcement before the last date offiling.
Alameda County requires applicants to provide supporting documentation to substantiate a request for reasonable accommodation. In order to qualify for a reasonable accommodation, applicants must have a disability/medical condition pursuant to the ADA, FEHA and applicable statutes.
For more information regarding our Reasonable Accommodation procedures, please visit our website:www.acgov.org/hrs
Alameda County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that affords wide-ranging health care options to meet the different needs of a diverse workforce and their families. We also sponsor many different employee discount, fitness and health screening programs focused on overall well being. These benefits include but are not limited to*: For your Health & Well-Being
For your Financial Future
- Medical - HMO & PPO Plans
- Dental - HMO & PPO Plans
- Vision or Vision Reimbursement
- Share the Savings
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance (with optional dependent coverage for eligible employees)
- County Allowance Credit
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Health FSA, Dependent Care and Adoption Assistance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits - Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Legal Services
- Employee Assistance Program
For your Work/Life Balance
- Retirement Plan - (Defined Benefit Pension Plan)
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457 Plan or Roth Plan)
- 11 paid holidays
- Floating Holidays
- Vacation and sick leave accrual
- Vacation purchase program
- Catastrophic Sick Leave
- Group Auto/Home Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Guaranteed Ride Home
- Employee Wellness Program (e.g. At Work Fitness, Incentive Based Programs, Gym Membership Discounts)
- Employee Discount Program (e.g. theme parks, cell phone, etc.)
- Child Care Resources
- 1 st United Services Credit Union
*Eligibility is determined by Alameda County and offerings may vary by collective bargaining agreement. This provides a brief summary of the benefits offered and can be subject to change.
All notices related to County recruitments for which you have applied will be sent/delivered via email. Notices will be sent from Noreply@jobaps.com
. Please add @jobaps.comand Noreply@jobaps.com
as accepted addresses to any email blocking or spam filtering program you may use. If you do not do this, your email blocking or spam filtering program may block receipt of the notices regarding your application for recruitments. You are also strongly advised to regularly log into your County of Alameda online application account to check for notices that may have been sent to you. All email notices that will be sent to you will also be kept in your personal online application account. You will be able to view all of your notices in your online application account by clicking on the 'My applications' button on the Current Job Openings page and clicking on the link 'last notice sent' for the respective recruitment. Please take the steps recommended above to ensure you do not miss any notices about a recruitment for which you have applied. The County of Alameda is not responsible for notices that are not read, received or accessed by any applicant for a County recruitment.
NOTE: All notices are generated through an automated email notification system. Replies to the email box NoReply@jobaps.com
are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. If you have questions, please go to our website at www.acgov.org/hrs
. You may also contact the Human Resources Analyst listed on the job announcement for the recruitment for which you have applied. Angelica Cuevas, HR Analyst
Human Resource Services, County of Alameda
(510) 271-5154 or email Angelica.Cuevas@acgov.org www.acgov.org/hrs DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Alameda County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to report to work as ordered in the event of an emergency. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Alameda County has a diverse workforce, that is representative of the communities we serve, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance and business need. Alameda County does not discriminate in employment on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors protected under federal, state and local law. Alameda County celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive, and welcoming workplace environment.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous