The purpose of this position is to safely maintain city facilities in order to ensure a safe environment. This is accomplished by performing routine and corrective maintenance duties; acting in lead role during the absence of the Foreman and completing administrative duties. Other duties include assisting with construction projects; operating and maintaining equipment and supplies; and interacting with other city employees and citizens.Essential Job Functions
- Maintains the facilities safely by being a lead over crew performing electrical, carpentry, plumbing, grounds, and mechanical repairs, including, but not limited to: troubleshooting maintenance issues; painting interior and exterior walls, texturing and drywall repairs, ceilings and fixtures, doors and closures, windows and cabinets, locksmithing, HVAC, plumbing except those that requiring the attention of a licensed specialist.
- Assists with construction projects and by overseeing and assisting with the remodel of offices, restrooms, roofing, and concrete, sheetrock, painting, and plumbing; installing pole and gate barricades; inspecting sites for hazards; installing decorations.
- Maintains the facilities systems including, but not limited to large generator maintenance, electrical and electronic equipment including air conditioning and heating systems, repairing and replacing interior and exterior lights and parts of lighting system. Preserves condition of fountains by maintaining water chemistry, electrical motor and pump repairs. Using the pressure washer to clean, and for the removal of graffiti.
- Completes administrative duties by answering phone calls; completing various reports and paperwork; and writing correspondences and work orders.
- Operates and maintains facilities and support equipment, including but not limited to lifts, pressure washers, and powered tools.
- Maintains supplies by taking inventory; reviewing supply requests; allocating supplies to personnel; ordering supplies from vendors; and unloading supplies as they arrive.
- Provides customer service to the public and employees by providing information as requested; and ensuring the safety and security of employees and customers.
- HS diploma/GED required. Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of tools and equipment.
- Four years' experience in a maintenance or renovation field.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License
- Ability to read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with some discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is reviewed upon completion.
- Work requires functioning as a lead worker performing essentially the same work as those directed, and includes overseeing work quality, training, instructing, and scheduling work.
- Work involves choices of action within limits set by standard practices and procedures. Professional judgment is required to apply the proper course of action.
- Discussion Occasional: 50% or less of work time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous