Job Characteristics *** PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***
SENIOR LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR
The City of Concord is seeking team oriented people to work for the City's Aquatic Program. Under supervision performs a variety of duties for the purpose of providing for water safety at Concord Community Pool. This includes organizing, coordinating, conducting and instructing courses in water safety as well as supervision of the community swimming pool.HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Parks & Recreation WORK LOCATION:
Concord Community Pool, 3501 Cowell Rd., Concord, CA 94521 HOURS:
Approximately 20-30 hours per week SALARY RANGE:
Starting at $19.48 - $20.47 per hour FINAL FILING DATE:
Open until filled Work for Parks & Recreation, we prepare you for the future!
Concord Parks & Recreation is a diverse, high-performing, collaborative team that creates community through people, parks and programs. We welcome applicants who share our aspiration to be driven, trustworthy, innovative, and a team player. Our fun, welcoming, and inclusive programs improve the quality of life of our participants and community. Work, inspire, have fun, and get paid for it!
Examples of duties include, but are not limited to
- Performs the tasks necessary to promote public safety at an aquatic facility by Lifeguarding.
- Monitors activities to prevent accidents: enforces facility rules, cautions swimmers regarding unsafe swimming activities, rescues non swimmers & administers first aid
- Develops, organizes & instructs beginning, intermediate & advanced swimming classes for all ages.
- Inspects and maintains equipment and materials in proper working order.
- Takes reports from the public; fills out incident reports, training logs and other forms and paperwork as required.
- Participates in in-service training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Must be able to swim 300 yards continuously (100 yard Freestyle, 100 yard Breaststroke, 100 yard either Freestyle or Breaststroke), retrieve 10-pound diving brick from a depth of 13 feet, and tread water for 2 minutes without the use of hands.
Once hired lifeguard training and swim instructor training will be provided.Experience:
Previous Lifeguarding and Swim experience a plus.
Other Other requirements: Minimum age 17 with previous Lifeguarding experience. Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours a week, early morning, evening and weekend shifts when required and attend weekly in-service trainings; be willing to participate in Lifeguard Training, provided by the City of Concord. Only those candidates who complete the Lifeguarding course successfully will be retained. Must be able to clear TB and DOJ clearance.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous