Job Characteristics *** PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***
The City of Concord is seeking team oriented people to work for the City's Aquatic Program.
A Pool Manager is responsible for seasonal and year round operation of a community swimming pool, including the supervision of pool lifeguards, swimming instructors, and other employees; the application and enforcement of rules and regulations governing the health, safety, and welfare of patrons; the overall operation and maintenance of the pool, its equipment, and facilities; the conduct and expansion of various swim instruction programs; and the determining of priority of use of the pool and its facilities.
This broad area of responsibility distinguishes this class from Lifeguard, who assists with the continuous surveillance of the pool and deck to protect patrons, enforces safety and other regulations, and controls the condition of the swimming pool water. An employee of this class must be able to deal effectively and if necessary, firmly with any type of situation.HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Parks & Recreation WORK LOCATION:
Concord Community Pool, 3501 Cowell Rd., Concord, CA 94521 HOURS:
Approximately 20-30 hours per week SALARY RANGE:
Starting at $23.73 - $24.33 per hour FINAL FILING DATE:
Open until filled PLEASE NOTE:
Proof of COVID vaccination is a condition of initial and continued employment. Work for Parks & Recreation, we prepare you for the future!
Concord Parks & Recreation is a diverse, high-performing, collaborative team that creates community through people, parks and programs. We welcome applicants who share our aspiration to be driven, trustworthy, innovative, and a team player. Our fun, welcoming, and inclusive programs improve the quality of life of our participants and community. Work, inspire, have fun, and get paid for it!
Examples of duties include, but are not limited to
- Organizes and conducts swimming, diving, lifeguarding, and other related swim classes.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Trains, schedules, supervises, and evaluates swim staff personnel.
- Sees that all department rules and regulations are enforced regarding the health, safety, and welfare of all persons using the swimming pool.
- Maintains the swim pool in a clean and orderly condition and makes regular inspections of the sanitation and maintenance in accordance with local and State health and Safety Codes.
- Test water for chlorine, acidity content, temperature, and adjusts controls to maintain desirable conditions in the swim pool; may do related maintenance work as required.
- Maintains, or has prepared, all records or reports as required , including cash transactions, attendance, accident reports, program summary, and supplies records.
- Requests supplies necessary to operate the swimming pool; request repairs, maintenance, additions to equipment and facilities as needed.
- Follows prescribed procedures in cases of emergency, administers first aid and/or cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- May act as pool lifeguard or swim instructors as required.
- Carries out additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must be able to swim 300 Yards continuously (100 Yard Freestyle, 100 Yard Breaststroke, 100 yard either Freestyle or Breaststroke), Retrieve 10 pound driving brick from a depth of 13ft. and Tread Water for 2 minutes without the use of hands.Experience:
Minimum age 20 and have prior swimming experience. Lifeguard training and certification will be provided by the city if candidate is successfully chosen.
Other Other requirements:
Must be able to work early morning shifts (5:30AM - 10:00AM), some evenings and weekend shifts when required and attend in-service trainings.
Only those candidates who complete the Lifeguarding course successfully will be retained. Must be able to clear TB and DOJ clearance.PLEASE NOTE:
Proof of COVID vaccination is a condition of initial and continued employment.