Job Characteristics ***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***
LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR II
The City of Concord is seeking team-oriented individuals to work for the City's Aquatic Program. Under supervision, the Lifeguard/Swim Instructor II performs a variety of duties for the purpose of providing for water safety at Concord Community Pool. This includes organizing, coordinating, conducting, and instructing courses in water safety as well as supervision of the community swimming pool.HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Parks & Recreation WORK LOCATION:
Concord Community Pool, 3501 Cowell Rd., Concord, CA 94521 HOURS:
Approximately 20-30 hours per week SALARY RANGE:
Starting at $18.09 - $19.01 per hourFINAL FILING DATE:
Open until filledWork for Parks & Recreation, we prepare you for the future!
Concord Parks & Recreation is a diverse, high-performing, collaborative team that creates community through people, parks and programs. We welcome applicants who share our aspiration to be driven, trustworthy, innovative, and a team player. Our fun, welcoming, and inclusive programs improve the quality of life of our participants and community. Work, inspire, have fun, and get paid for it!
Examples of duties include, but are not limited to
- Performs the tasks necessary to promote public safety at an aquatic facility by Lifeguarding.
- Monitors activities to prevent accidents: enforces facility rules, cautions swimmers regarding unsafe swimming activities, rescues non swimmers, and administers first aid.
- Develops, organizes and instructs beginning, intermediate and advanced swimming classes for all ages.
- Inspects and maintains equipment and materials to ensure they are in proper working order.
- Takes reports from the public, fills out incident reports, training logs and other forms and paperwork as required.
- Participates in in-service training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Must be able to swim 300 yards continuously (100 yards Freestyle, 100 yards Breaststroke, 100 yards either Freestyle or Breaststroke), retrieve 10-pound diving brick from a depth of 13 feet, and tread water for 2 minutes without the use of hands.
Must have 2 years of lifeguarding and/or swim instructor experience and possess valid/current lifeguard certifications.
Once hired lifeguard training and swim instructor training will be provided.
Other Minimum age 17 with two 2 years of lifeguarding and swim instructor experience. Must have valid current lifeguard certifications. Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours a week, early morning, evening and weekend shifts when required and attend weekly in-service trainings; be willing to participate in lifeguard training, provided by the City of Concord.
Only those candidates who complete the lifeguarding course successfully will be retained. Must be able to clear TB and DOJ clearance.