Applications will be reviewed as needed until the positions are filled. Please allow 2 weeks for processing of all application materials. The eligible list established from this recruitment may also be used to fill future temporary and permanent positions as vacancies arise.Exam#22/50G11/02SS. POSITION DESCRIPTION Natividad is currently seeking to fill permanent full time, part time, and Per Diem Physical Therapist positions
. Under general direction, these incumbents develop, implement, and document medically prescribed physical therapy programs to restore function and prevent disability following disease, injury, or loss of a body part; assists patients tin reaching maximum performance (Natividad may offer up to a $10,000.00 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into permanent full-time positions).
Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Evaluate patients referred by physicians to determine type and extent of treatment; administer diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests
- Plan and evaluate physical therapy treatment program and set appropriate goals and objective; supervise the treatment of patients
- Administer and treat patients by directing and aiding patients in active and passive exercises, muscle reeducation, gait and functional training; apply modalities such as massage, heat, water, ultrasound and electricity; adapt conventional physical therapy techniques to meet the needs of patients unable to comprehend verbal commands or voluntarily carry out a regime of therapeutic exercises; direct patients in the care and use of wheelchairs, braces, canes, and crutches
- Document records and prepare reports on patients' treatment and progress; prepare discharge summaries; participate in quality assurance activities
- Coordinate with other rehabilitative sections regarding patient treatment
- Provide functional supervision of Physical Therapy Helpers and student interns assisting in the treatment of patients; train paraprofessional staff members
- Attend in-service training sessions; provide training to medical and nursing personnel in physical therapy techniques and objectives
Examples of Experience/Education/Training MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Required Licensure :
Possession of a valid Physical Therapist license issued by the State of California or the ability to obtain one prior to start date. (Please ensure the name on your license/certification either matches the name on your application or is indicated somewhere on your application, as all licenses/certifications will be verified via primary source.) THE IDEAL CANDIDATE Thorough knowledge of:
Working knowledge of:
- Principles, modalities, methods, and equipment of modern physical therapy techniques
- Anatomy, physiology, neuro-muscular functions, dysfunctions, and kinesiology; pathologies and injuries that result in physical impairment
- Evaluation and treatment methodologies as applied to complex patients
- Regulatory practice requirements
Skill and Ability to:
- Proper use and care of orthopedic equipment and appliances
- Utilization management, charging protocols and regulatory compliance
- Clinical supervision and clinical instruction
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING
- Develop, implement and adapt treatment programs
- Administer physical therapy treatments and exercises
- Analyze, evaluate and draw logical conclusions from data
- Read, understand and interpret written instructions, such as physician's order, instructions for therapy and the use of equipment
- Communicate orally in order to instruct staff, patients and their families
- Act as lead to Physical Therapy Assistants and Helpers
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, their families, and with hospital staff
- Maintain quality control in work performance
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of work performed
- Prioritize and organize work flow in an effective manner
- Observe safety precautions related to the work
- Work shifts including weekends and holidays
- Work around potentially hazardous and infectious substances/diseases
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is: Education:
One year of experience performing duties as a registered Physical Therapist
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS**
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays; and work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes: APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com ;
resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com . Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL
: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical.
The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT
: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam. SPECIAL NOTES
Natividad may offer up to a $10,000.00 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into permanent full-time positions.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Natividad-HR Analyst at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a per-diem position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits. Physical Therapist Per-Diem salary rate is: $47.248 - $64.533 per hour.