DESCRIPTION EXTENDED Applications are available online beginning Friday, February 18, 2022, through 4:30 pm, Friday, July 15, 2022. VACANCY INFORMATION:
Current vacancy is a Grade VI ($3,721.12 - $5,067.76 biweekly) FINANCIAL SYSTEMS SUPERVISOR position in the Enterprise Information Services Bureau of the Technology and Innovation Department. Please refer to the Desirable Qualifications listed below for more information.
The City of Long Beach requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the City of Long Beach's Human Resources Department. EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Under supervision, performs specialized technical work pertaining to applications programming and analysis, system software/hardware analysis and design, and system administration and support activities; prepares or codes programs from specifications; tests and debugs programs; updates and modifies existing programs from detailed specifications; develops, maintain and/or updates system procedures and documentation; performs hardware and software maintenance on complex installations and data communications equipment; interfaces with end users to plan, define and implement systems modifications; accurately interprets end user needs and requirements and modifies or designs programs or systems to meet those needs; prepares detailed technical specifications for programmers to follow in program development and modification; provides timely, accurate and effective customer service; recommends options to end users by considering various solutions to business needs; may act in a lead or supervisory capacity; may prepare or evaluate training materials and manuals; and performs other related duties as required. REQUIREMENTS TO FILE
Applicants must meet Option A, B or C:
A. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in science, technology, engineering, math, business systems, accounting systems, or related field with major coursework in computer science or closely related field (proof required) * AND
one year of paid, full-time experience equivalent to a Systems Technician (or higher) with the City of Long Beach or a related field such as, Information Systems Management, Information Systems Support, IT Security Manager, or Database Systems Management.
B. Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in science, technology, engineering, math, business systems, accounting systems, or related field with major coursework in computer science or closely related field (proof required) * AND
three years of paid, full-time experience equivalent to a Systems Technician (or higher) with the City of Long Beach or a related field such as, Information Systems Management, Information Systems Support, IT Security Manager, or Database Systems Management.
C. Completion of a certificate program or technical school in Computer Science or related field (proof required) * AND
four years of paid, full-time experience equivalent to a Systems Technician (or higher) with the City of Long Beach or a related field such as, Information Systems Management, Information Systems Support, IT Security Manager, or Database Systems Management.
Additional experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis to the extent that the experience has prepared the individual to perform the duties of the classification.
*Proof of required documents, such as degree or transcripts, must be uploaded to the online application at the time of filing. Any proofs submitted must contain either the applicant's name or other identifying characteristic on the form. Degrees must indicate the field of study and transcripts must indicate field of study and degree conferred date. Candidates who possess degrees from colleges or universities from outside the United States must attach proof of educational equivalence at the time of filing. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques, and methods used in acquiring, developing, implementing, and/or enhancing computer hardware and software;
- Ability to work with co-workers and members of the public through effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Willingness to work occasional nights, weekends, holidays, and/or overtime as required.
A valid driver's license is required and a current DMV driving record must be submitted to the hiring department at time of selection interview. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
SELECTION PROCEDURE EXAMINATION WEIGHTS:
- Experience in supporting municipal Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Financials business software applications, specifically Tyler MUNIS, with an emphasis on providing system solutions and workflow improvements;
- Experience in performing system administration including role-based access control (RBAC), workflow, menu access, system configuration, and help desk operations;
- Experience with the configuration, implementation, troubleshooting, and/or enhancement of software systems including responsibility for analyzing business requirements, acceptance testing and creating procedural documentation;
- Experience in leading a team of functional and technical staff;
- A general understanding of municipal accounting principles;
- Progressively responsible IT experience involving Technical Management, ERP and application support;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of technical and non-technical end-users at all levels of the organization;
- Proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL) with the ability to write complex queries (for troubleshooting and report development);
- Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Application and Supplemental Application......................................................Qualifying
Screening of applicants will be conducted based on application and required supplemental application submitted. This selection procedure will be conducted using a continuous, non-competitive process which means applications are evaluated solely on training, experience, education, or certification. All applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on the eligible list. Applicants receiving Veteran's Credit will be placed on the eligible list first followed by the order in which applications were filed. This is a continuous eligible list, which means eligible lists may be established periodically and may expire six months from their effective date. Applicants may apply only once during a four-month period. Applications received by June 10 , 2022
, will be placed on Test #04
established eligible list for this recruitment. Based on the number of applications accepted, the selection procedure may be changed. In the event a revision is necessary, the affected persons will be notified.
If you have not received notification within two weeks after close of filing, please contact the Civil Service Department at (562) 570-6202.
In support of the City's Language Access Policy, bilingual skills (Spanish, Khmer and/or Tagalog) are desirable for some positions interacting with the public.
This information is available in an alternative format by request at (562) 570-6202. If special accommodation is desired, please contact the Civil Service Department two (2) business days prior to the test at (562) 570-6202. For hearing impaired, call (562) 570-6638.An Equal Opportunity Employer.
H67AN-22 ST:BSS FS CSC 02.16.2022Closing Date/Time: 7/15/2022 4:30 PM Pacific