Responsible for instructing, supervising and testing children and adults in swim lesson program. Helps to organize and control classes under the direction of the Aquatics Coordinator. Must be available to work mornings, some evenings, weekends and holiday hours. Must be at least 16 years of age. All offers are conditional upon a satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen.The salary range for this position is $14.50- $20.00 per hour,
depending on qualifications and experience.Position will remain open until filled.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Enhances Loveland Park & Recreation image and ensures a quality visit for guests by instructing, testing and evaluating participants in the swim lesson program.
- Ensures the safety of all participants in their swimming classes by safe and proper usage of equipment.
- Performs necessary lifesaving procedures; handles emergencies according to standard procedure.
- Assist with registration for swimming lessons; submits class lesson plans; oversees guests enrolled in the swim program.
- Attends required in-service training and/meetings, to stay current on teaching methods as appropriate.
- Inspects classroom/program environment and equipment to ensure safety.
- Maintains progress records of each child enrolled in class; completes administrative tasks like attendance sheets and class evaluations.
- Disseminate and promote Parks and Recreation program information and educate users of potential opportunities and services available.
- Directs public to proper locations; provides general facility use instructions; enforces facility policies and procedures by informing guests of existing policies.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Maintains order in classes to ensure a safe environment and promote a learning atmosphere.
- May be required to cross train into other areas for duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to react quickly and appropriately in emergency situations. Must possess excellent customer service skills be able to communicate effectively and diplomatically with parents, students, co-workers and facility management team. Must possess effective conflict resolution skills. Must demonstrate good judgment and decision-making. Ability to follow both written and verbal direction and communicate in a friendly, positive and professional manner. Must demonstrate a variety of swim strokes and skills as required for class content and be able to impart those skills to class members. Must be at least 16 years of age.Education and/or experience:
Swim Instructor or six (6) months of swim instruction experience with children and/or adults in groups required. Demonstrate knowledge of principles and methods used in teaching swimming required. Six (6) months of customer service experience or training preferred.Licensure and/or certifications:
Current CPR and First Aid certifications or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date required.Core Competencies:
Accountability, Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness
Material and equipment directly used:
Teaching props such as kickboards, diving rings, life jackets, etc.Working conditions and physical requirements:
Must possess the physical stamina to effectively demonstrate safe swimming techniques to participants. In a public pool environment may be exposed to noisy, distracting and stressful situations. Requires bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, moving and positioning (up to 50 pounds). Must be available to work mornings, some evenings, weekends and holiday hours. Must be at least 16 years of ageThis job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
With over 300 days of sunshine, and just 30 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park in the heart of northern Colorado, Loveland is an ideal community for anyone to call home. Known as the Sweetheart City, this vibrant cultural hub is home to nearly 500 sculptures and public art installations, the world-famous Valentine Remail Program, and picturesque views of the Rocky Mountains. The community is bustling with a thriving arts, brewery, foodie and shopping scene. Enjoy headliner concert and theatre productions, professional hockey events, endless community recreation and open space opportunities, art and sculpture shows, and several local festivals. Loveland also boasts an award-winning golf course and an inclusive library and community center. Loveland, Colorado has EVERYTHING YOU LOVE!
In 2020, Loveland was the only Colorado City to win the Governor’s Award for Downtown Excellence, is the top residential recycling City in the state for 4 consecutive years and has been ranked as one of the top places to live, work and raise a family in the U.S. and as one of the Most Idyllic Picturesque towns in America.Apply today to join
more than 800 employees who work to meet the core values of: Accountability & Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness. The City of Loveland is a diverse and welcoming community organization and our employees enjoy a competitive benefits program, various opportunities for growth and development, and an exceptional work-life balance.
A vibrant community, surrounded by natural beauty, where you belong!Non Benefit Eligible Benefits Package Includes:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Retirement – 457 employee funded plan
- Medical Leave – Up to 48 hours accrued. Accrue 1 hour of leave per 30 hours worked
The City of Loveland provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
All offers are conditional upon a satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen.