Applications will be reviewed on an as needed basis until the position is filled. Please allow 2 weeks for processing of all application materials. The eligible list established from this recruitment may also be used to fill future temporary and permanent positions as vacancies arise.Exam#22/52A60/02SS.
( Natividad may offer up to a $10,000.00 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into permanent full-time positions). POSITION DESCRIPTION Natividad is currently seeking a full time permanent Clinical Nurse Specialist
to provide expert nursing care in the Surgical Services Division. The major role functions of this position include clinical practice, education, consultation, performance improvement and research.The CNS in the Surgical Services Division is assigned to work in the following units: Operating Room (OR), Outpatient Surgical Services (OPSS), and the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU ).
Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Serves as consultant to nursing staff, physicians and other health care providers in area of specialization.
- Establishes standards for nursing practice in consultation with the nursing administrative leadership.
- Collaborate with the nursing staff from various departments and levels to develop appropriate policies and procedures.
- Plan, facilitate, and participate in nursing and interdisciplinary rounds and conferences.
- Assess the need for and identifies, designs and implements classes, courses, and seminars to meet educational needs of staff.
- Use advanced clinical skills in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of patients.
- Serve as consultant to nursing staff, medical staff and other health care providers in the assigned division.
- Participate as an active member on select nursing and health, and hospital-wide committees; identify, design and conduct nursing research.
- Coordinate patient care between the assigned division and other departments within and outside of Natividad.
- Assist staff members as needed in the assigned division and other services in understanding and utilizing research findings in their practice.
- Provide or guide nursing staff in the deliverance of expert nursing care.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS License:
Possession of a valid Registered Nurse license issued by the BRN of the State of California or ability to obtain a CA License prior to employment is required. AND
Pursuant to Chapter 6 of Division 2 of the Business and Professions Code, Section 2838, possession of valid certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist issued by the BRN of the State of California, or ability to obtain a CA certification prior to employment is required. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills and abilities: Thorough knowledge of :
Skill and Ability to:
- Medical terminology, hospital routine, and equipment.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practice and research methodology.
- Nursing procedures, techniques, equipment and supplies.
- Health systems, agencies and patterns of referral.
- Principles and practices of advanced nursing and related sciences, including a range of therapies in area of specialty for assessment prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, including related technical skills.
A typical way to acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above is: Education :
- Apply nursing processes.
- Utilize concepts of assessment, priority setting, organization and evaluation.
- Organize and present formal/informal teaching.
- Display excellent leadership skills.
- Work well with other nursing, medical, and treatment personnel.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Provide clinical direction and education.
- Advise and motivate others.
- Facilitate a multi-disciplinary team approach to care delivery, linking medical, nursing, and non-nursing components.
Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited program in clinical specialization; and demonstrated clinical competence and in depth knowledge in a specialty area with at least the equivalent of two years of clinical experience in the area of specialization. Certifications/Licenses :
Possession of an American Nurses' Association Specialty Certification; and the equivalent of four years of clinical experience in the area of specialization is preferred.
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS**
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes: APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com ;
resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com . Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL
: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical.
The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT
: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam. SPECIAL NOTES
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits.
( Natividad may offer up to a $10,000.00 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into permanent full-time positions).