California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) was established to advance and strengthen the research, instructional, creative, and community service goals of the university through extramural (sponsored) funding.
The ORSP is dedicated to the encouragement and support of all faculty research and sponsored projects. We assist the university community in the development and submissions of proposals in pursuit of external grants, contracts, public and private partnerships, review and acceptance of awards, assisting with the intellectual property, technology transer and commercialization process, as well as other entrepreneurial activities which complement and strengthen the university mission.
The ORSP is responsible for the coordination of administrative oversight, clearances, and the institutional compliance process for all university-sponsored program activities. The office also coordinates the regulatory and compliance processes for all funded/sponsored research and service activities at the university. Job Summary
The incumbent will
- Assist faculty, staff and administrators ("Investigators"/PI) in reviewing and analyzing funding opportunities
- Convene and participate in PI/research team planning meetings/negotiations for multidiscipline faculty members, coordinating complex collaborative projects with multiple institutions.
- Assist PIs in review of proposal components and facilitating proposal submission to external funding agencies
- Assist with faculty grantsmanship and professional development by participating, assisting or leading training opportunities offered by CSUSB
- Provide PIs with editorial support, as needed.
- Review and negotiate awards and related documents
- Assist ORSP Director with various administrative activities related to sponsored research, including but not limited to, review, development and implementation of sponsored research policies and procedures
- Assist ORSP Director with researching best practices, communicating procedural issues and changes to the campus community, assist in the development of assessment tools, and improved protocols.
- Assist ORSP Director in the preparation and submission of various reports, annual certifications, and other agency-specific or organizational requests for data on sponsored programs
- Coordinate and collaborate with Research Compliance and Sponsored Programs Administration (post-award) to increase mutual understanding and effectiveness of the overall operations
- Serve as Authorized Organizational Representative for proposal submission portals.
Full-time, probationary, "exempt" position (with the possibility of converting to permanent). Application Review Deadline
: This position will remain open until filled. The initial review of applications will begin on February 18, 2022. Work Schedule
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and evenings may be required. Key Qualifications
Experience in grants development, pre-award or sponsored programs: experience in RFP/solicitation review and interpretation; budget development; proposal review and submission to various funding agencies; working knowledge of grants.gov, research.gov or Fastlane, and other submission portals; general knowledge of 2 CFR 200/Uniform Guidance, federal and state regulations; experience with award/contract review and negotiation. Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs, PLUS three
years of related experience. Preferred Qualifications
- Five or more years working in or related to sponsored programs.
- Extensive contract negotiation experience. Knowledge of CSU policies.
- Working knowledge and experience using Cayuse424. Certified Research Administrator.
Classification Salary Range: $4,693 - $8,489 per month Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled