CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Database and Systems Management Analyst is responsible for administration, installation, configuration, documentation and day to day operations of PeopleSoft applications and database on-premise and cloud environments. The incumbent is also responsible for application monitoring and performance; conducting functional/performance testing and making appropriate configuration changes.
• Performs daily routine activities in managing databases and application environments.
• Collaborates with team members to improve engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security
• Automate installation, configuration, setup, monitoring and alerting processes utilizing configuration management and application best practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3qM7yu0
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field.
• Certification training and applied experience may be substituted for the required education, on a year-for-year basis up to two years.
• Three years of full-time, progressively responsible field-related experience.
• Experience working with application monitoring and performance tools, preferred.
• Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of PeopleSoft Administration and WebLogic.
• Thorough knowledge of: using database engines (Oracle, MySQL, SQL); generally accepted documentation methods.
• Ability and specialized skills to: analyze problems; propose effective solutions; understand functional and procedural requirements and develop alternative solutions; relate solutions to management, technical staff, and users; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; make presentations; conduct meetings; provide user training;
• Knowledge of: cloud concepts in AWS and Azure, modern automation tools.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification / grade: 0400/ Analyst/Programmer 12 Mo / 2
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4,372 - $7,500, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4,372 - $10,792 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• Applications received through February 4, 2022 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California