Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $3,515 .00/month to $5,103.00/ month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
The Office of Student Outreach serves prospective students, staff, faculty, and members of the community-at-large seeking information and services related to the University's outreach to potential freshman and transfer students, the transfer credit evaluation process and financial aid opportunities, policies, and procedures. This Office is the University's initial liaison with middle and secondary schools, community colleges, and community-based organizations that serve prospective college students.
This position specializes in creating and executing the annual marketing communications plan, and oversees the publication of digital assets and print deliverables for the Office of Student Outreach (OSO). The role is responsible for writing, designing and producing new print and digital communications via email, postal mail services, social media, news and press releases, and via Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform - i.e., Salesforce Marketing cloud, for prospective students, families, and counseling communities regarding outreach efforts, recruitment activities, visit opportunities, and on-and off-campus events. This position creates and maintains new and existing website content for the Office of Student Outreach to assure consistency with the message platform, timeliness, and vernacular employed by the other Enrollment Services (ES) departments (Admissions; Financial Aid; the Registrar's Office).
This position is responsible for overseeing and producing marketing, print and digital communications preparation to support OSO and ES efforts and their audience members, e.g., creating/maintaining/monitoring/processing websites and social media pages, creating email communications, providing feedback on specific print needs and concepts, and other relevant print and electronic marketing collateral and communications reporting directly to the Director of Student Outreach. The position also collaborates with other OSO and ES staff to ensure an intentional, measurable, and streamlined communication workflow.
This position plans, schedules, oversees creation and implementation of Marketing Cloud and Salesforce messaging, assists in maintaining, tracking, and assessing the prospec management systems and deploys these tools to develop, send and track communications sent to OSO constituents across the prospective student journey from initial outreach, and the phases of admission leading up to enrolling in classes. Responsibilities
Assists in leading the strategic planning, execution and assessment of new and existing marketing and communications efforts in alignment with Office of Student Outreach and Enrollment Services objectives.
Creates and Executes Office of Student Outreach (OSO) Marketing and Communication Plan, and coordinates the production of deliverables in collaboration with OSO Fulfillment Center, Recruitment Events Coordinator, University Communications, Enrollment Management department subject matter experts, and Information Technology Services, Procurement, and Duplicating Services. This role ensures all Student Outreach marketing and communications projects align with University brand strategy and standards, include appropriate, accurate and strategic messaging content, and reviewed for final publishing approval by the Director of OSO.
- Oversees the creation of new print and electronic processes and procedures, e.g., ordering, purchasing, printing, delivery, and distribution of publication of print and web projects, in collaboration with the Office Manager for OSO and the Fulfillment Center Coordinator.
- Work in close collaboration with the Recruitment Events Coordinator to create, promote, publish, and assure timely delivery of event invitations, and program agendas in print and digital media.
- Develops overall strategies, tactics and metrics for evaluation (including monthly measurements) for marketing the University's brand and academic/student life opportunities for freshmen and transfer cohorts.
- Maintains and executes an overall message platform, ongoing development and maintenance of communication plan for prospective and new students including domestic, state-support enrollment of freshman and transfer students.
- Oversees the production of direct mail using Duplicating Services or outside vendors. Develops direct mail and email campaigns to support the student CSU application and Cal State East Bay admission processes.
- Creates, deploys and assesses social media platforms for outreach to new students
- Is responsible for development and deployment of digital marketing via email campaigns to prospects, applicants, admitted, and deposited students to sustain interest, and to encourage students to respond to calls to action for OSO.
- Collaborates with University Advancement on the design and implementation of all marketing strategies including social media, videos and targeted advertising.
- Initiates promotional projects and collaborates with University Marketing and Communications the development of print materials for brand awareness, recruitment, digital communications and direct mail, communication with admitted students and confirmed (SIR) students.
- Writes, produces and delivers series of quarterly digital newsletters for print and web distribution targeting High School and Community College counselor audiences.
- Helps design MS PowerPoint or Prezi presentations for use by Office of Student Outreach, to reinforce University brand and to assure consistent incorporation of message platform.
- Utilize platforms such as Salesforce and Target X to analyze data and trends pertaining to prospective students.
Create and update OSO and division office Web and Digital media sites/pages and manage web/digital media development projects.
- Serve as the project guide for developing, implementing, and maintaining websites including organizational structure, write/edit content, development, and maintenance of sites, and implementation of new IT projects related to prospective student communication.
- Update OSO websites for on- and off-campus recruitment events and welcome enter activities (i.e. campus tours, group tours, information sessions, etc.)
Oversee and produce Office of Student Outreach communication initiatives
This lead position is responsible for scheduling, development, production, approval and timely delivery of print production and digital asset projects. Proactively provides strategic content, messaging, and guidance for other units that collaborate with and support the objectives of Student Outreach. Coordinates the development, writing/editing, ordering, purchasing, printing, delivery and distribution of publication projects.
- Initiate and oversee the writing, design, print and/or digital production and distribution of in-house publications in collaboration with University Communications.
- Plan, write, edit, design, schedule and deploy digital communications via email, CRM tools (i.e., Salesforce, Marketing Cloud) and other applications, in collaboration with the Student Outreach, Admissions and Information Technology Services (ITS).
- Work with appropriate staff and subject matter experts to create strategic copy and photography for print publications and digital communications.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and execution of an overall message platform and communication plan targeting freshman and transfer students, including the promotion of recruitment activities and events to prospective students and their families.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing websites and working with internet-based marketing tools.
- Ability to work in tandem with and to collaborate with colleagues in related departments/efforts
- Ability to quickly and accurately develop, retain, interpret and apply comprehensive knowledge about CSU/CSUEB enrollment policies and procedures.
- Ability to carry out complex assignments with/without detailed instructions. Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
- Ability to reason logically, analyze, and define organizational and operational problems and implement appropriate responses. Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgement
- Ability to compile, write and present reports related to OSO and ES work.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
- Ability to coordinate routine publication projects.
- Ability and willingness to understand, embrace, and communicate OSO and ES marketing messages.
- Ability to develop advanced, comprehensive knowledge about the use of administrative computing systems (including applicable maintenance and updating), databases, desktop publishing software, instant messaging, document imaging programs, web-based Information resources, and MS Office applications.
- HTML knowledge and web page accessibility.
Requires knowledge of the fundamentals of public affairs and/or media relations, and/or some exposure to marketing and marketing research. This background normally is obtained through a college degree, which includes relevant coursework in the field, and up to two years of related professional or technical experience. In addition, strong written and verbal communication skills with a solid foundation in grammar, spelling, and the composition of various communication vehicles are essential to initial entry to this classification. Preferred Skills and Knowledge
Condition(s) of Employment
- Three years of applicable administrative communications, brand marketing, promotion marketing, and/or student services experience.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled