The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an Eligibility List and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Marketing Information Officer for the Office of Communications within the City Manager's Department. The Eligibility List may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
This recruitment will remain open until filled, and may close without notice at any time.
Under general supervision, maintains positive relations between the public and the City, coordinates City events and supports multiple departments in public information, marketing, and outreach activities; and performs related duties as assigned.
Our Creative Services team plays an integral role in promoting the vision, programs, and services of our premier organization. If you are a well-rounded marketing professional with excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills, who thrives in a fast-paced and progressive work environment, you may be a good fit for our growing team.
A successful candidate will possess professional level experience with the following:
- Working in partnership with the creative team, developing creative briefs and guiding creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and internal and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets;
- Presenting ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicating with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets;
- Building strategic relationships and partnering with City departments, key industry players, agencies and vendors; and
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of marketing campaigns, gaining insight and assessing against goals.
Click here to familiarize yourself with the position and physical requirements .
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson .Minimum Qualifications
Required Documents/Assessment Information DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public relations, marketing, journalism, communications, or closely related field
- Five (5) years of professional level experience in public relations, marketing, journalism, communications, or a closely related field
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
Completed Employment Application2)
*Attached Portfolio Samples (Collateral, Advertisements, Press Releases, Social Posts)
*Please attach your cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples to the "Attachments" section of your application, click here for attachment instructions.ASSESSMENT DATES:
Additional assessments may take place as needed until the position is filled.
Oral Board Interview with Written Component (Weighted 100%) - To be determined
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Selection Interview - To be determined
(Top Scoring Candidates) All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email and/or text messages on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada, and make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above. Selection Process
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing at the time of application.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous