The County of Yolo is advertising a recruitment on behalf of First 5 Yolo for a limited-term, part-time Accounting and Office Support Specialist position. This position requires a 20 hour work week, and offers a competitive benefits package. This is limited-term assignment that will expire four (4) years from the date of hire. The First 5 Yolo office is located in Davis, CA. Given the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, in-office working time may be limited with the majority of work completed remotely until such time as regular in-office work is deemed safe. At that time, flexible hybrid work will continue to be available. This is a single position that serves at the pleasure of the Executive Director. The Position
The selected candidate for this position will provide fiscal/bookkeeping and administrative support to the First 5 Yolo Executive Director and Deputy Director. First 5 Yolo is an agency of the County of Yolo whose mission is to assist the community to raise children who are healthy, safe, and ready to learn.
Under general supervision and working closely with the Deputy Director, the incumbent performs para-professional accounting work involving preparation and entry of claims, journal entries, and deposits; performs administrative support functions including preparing and/or editing documents, contracts, presentations, spreadsheets, and infographics; and other duties as assigned.
This position provides primary support to the Deputy Director who is responsible for fiscal and operational administration for the agency and other special projects. The incumbent must have strong attention to detail, excellent administrative skills including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.), a proven track record for learning and adapting quickly, creativity, an ability to work cross-functionally, and sound judgement.Vaccination Policy
In accordance with the County of Yolo's and First 5 Yolo's vaccination policy, to safeguard the health of our employees, customers, and the community at large, all Yolo County and First 5 Yolo employees, volunteers, and interns are required to have or receive the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Accommodations may be offered in accordance with the policy and applicable law. Applicants are encouraged to seek clarification on this requirement prior to accepting an offer of employment.Essential Functions
Typical duties include but are not limited to the following tasks:
Employment Standards Minimum Qualifications:
- Prepares claims, journal entries, and deposits for review utilizing knowledge of agency programs, contracting requirements, accounting system, and policies and procedures.
- Maintains accounting and administrative files including filing invoices, contracts, timesheets, and other materials
- Supports with annual independent financial audit preparation including compiling documents
- May support agency-wide and program specific budget monitoring
- Edits documents for cohesion, typos, and accuracy
- Prepares documents, forms, and infographics
- Conducts research as needed across a variety of subject areas
- Operates a variety of office equipment
- Support preparation for Board meetings through printing and collating board packets for Board members
- Provides regular updates to staff on status of assigned tasks
- May prepare or assist in the preparation of fiscal reports
- Retrieves routine fiscal reports from the accounting system
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or GED, required; some college preferred.
3 years of previous experience performing fiscal or administrative duties; Bilingual Spanish preferred.
Possession of valid California Driver's License Knowledge of:
- Basic methods, practices, and terminology used in accounting and statistical clerical work
- Modern office methods and practices including filing systems, computer use, MS office suite, Adobe, social media platforms, and databases related to duties
- Mathematics including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Methods of compiling, computing, and presenting basic statistical information
- Methods of researching, locating, and verifying information
Application & Selection Process
- Prioritize variable and diverse workloads as outlined by supervisor
- Learn and perform clerical accounting work quickly and accurately
- Create documents, fillable forms, presentations, and infographics utilizing Office Suite and Adobe
- Exercise initiative, ingenuity, and sound judgement when making decisions
- Accomplish tasks and meet deadlines independently
- Interact with community partners and members of the public in a professional manner
- Read, comprehend, and relay complex written documents (e.g., contracts, MOUs, reports, etc.)
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information (e.g., client information, payroll, etc.)
- Operate modern office equipment; learn basic computer data input and processing
- Exercise sound judgement and initiate request for support as needs arise
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Read and write in English utilizing correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Type a minimum of 50 WPM
This recruitment is open until filled, and application materials will be reviewed on a continuous basis. In order to be considered, interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three refences via email to Victoria Zimmerle, Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Submitted documents should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.