About Our Job
City employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment. Refer to the COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Mandate Candidate Q&A
for additional information.
The Community Planning and Development Department (CPD) is recruiting for full-time Plumbing Inspectors in our Building Inspections work group within the Development Services Division.
We are currently hiring for three (3) full-time/unlimited, and one (1) full-time/limited Plumbing Inspectors. The limited position has an anticipated end date of 12/31/2022.
The Plumbing Inspector will perform inspections of the installation and operations of indoor plumbing systems to ensure compliance with city specifications or related codes within the Denver Building Code and Amendments related to the International Plumbing Code. Inspections are performed to comply with standard safety rules and procedures common to the plumbing trade.
BUILDING COMMUNITY: Denver Community Planning and Development is responsible for visionary city planning and ensuring safe, responsible, sustainable building. CPD regulates planning, zoning, development and maintenance of private property in Denver. We're working hard to make Denver a great place to live, work and play! Visit www.DenverGov.org/CPD
The Plumbing Inspector will perform complex on-site inspections on plumbing, fire protection systems, and related equipment installations and operations in new construction and remodeled structures to ensure and enforce compliance with the Denver Building Code and/or city specifications. This requires the inspector to determine compliance or non-compliance with code and specification requirements and recommend appropriate corrections, enforcements, and/or compliance action to remedy the compliance issue(s).
The inspector selected will investigate complaints of code and specification violations, recommends appropriate corrective and/or enforcement action which may include issuing "stop work" orders, summons, and/or canceling permits; and reinvestigate to verify code compliance.
Plumbing Inspectors will interpret and explain rules, regulations, ordinance, and standards to property owners, contractors, and the public.
This position requires the preparation of written reports and maintenance of records of inspections performed. Must comply with standard safety rules and procedures common to the trade. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Work schedule is Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (some weekend or alternative work hours may be requested).About You
Ideal Candidate Summary
- Must provide own vehicle for field inspections - mileage is paid in accordance with the standard IRS rate.
- Class A Fire Protection Supervisor Certificate issued by the City and County of Denver
- Fire Suppression System Inspector Certificate issued by the State of Colorado
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, architecture, construction science or building maintenance or related Associate degree
- Knowledge of the layout of the City and County of Denver streets
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Self-motivated and motivated to help others with the ability to use sound judgement
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure and is adaptable to change
- Ability to work as part of a team to support both internal and external customers
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduate from high school or possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience: Three (3) years of experience as a journey level plumber
- Equivalency: A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements
- License/Certification: This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application
- Possession of a valid Journey Plumber's License issued by the State of Colorado at the time of application. Licensure in another state with reciprocity may be accepted in lieu of this requirement, provided that the applicant has Colorado licensure at completion of probation. Requires International Fire Code I & II by the end of probationary period. Certification by Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
Please include a resume in pdf format with your application; along with a copy of license(s) and/or certification(s) you hold.About Everything Else
CJ2572 Plumbing Inspector
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$29.59 - $45.87
based on experience and education
Community Planning & Development
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here