Primary Duties Minimum Starting Rate: $15.75 per hour
Under basic supervision, performs maintenance, repairs, adjustments and preventive maintenance on golf course specialty vehicles and equipment. Essential Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs maintenance, repairs, adjustments and preventive maintenance on light-duty vehicles, equipment and machinery; inspects and diagnoses mechanical and electrical problems on vehicles and equipment; determines extent of necessary repairs, prioritizes work and performs repairs within scope of authority and training and in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
- Performs preventive maintenance and diagnostics on vehicles and equipment to maximize the effective life cycle and reduce downtime; maintains records and logs of services performed and general vehicle information; maintains shop facility and cleans work areas.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
- Performs other related or assigned duties as required.
- Driving is essential.
Physical Demands Heavy Work:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Two year's work experience in the maintenance and repair of vehicles and heavy equipment.
- A minimum of 30 college credit hours within a relatable field will be considered towards work experience or an Associate's degree within the mechanics field can be substituted for experience.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.