“We are building an exemplary Hill Country community by delivering high quality, customer focused essential services to all who live, work, and play in Boerne.” If you choose the great outdoors as your preference on where you would like to work, then we have the perfect position for you!
The City of Boerne is looking for an employee that is committed to public service and exhibits the City’s core values: Service, Excellence, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration. If this is you, we would love to add your talent to our team. Job Summary
Provides general labor and assists with routine preventive maintenance and repairs on city gas facilities and equipment.
- Assists with the installation and maintenance of gas lines, mains, and services.
- Assists in constructing gas lines.
- Performs general maintenance, including cleaning facilities, clearing brush from rights-of-way, building fences, painting, digging ditches, mowing, trimming, and edging.
- Assists with routine maintenance on gas construction vehicles and equipment.
- Sets up barricades, cones, and construction signs, and flags as needed.
- Completes paperwork and necessary reports.
Other Important Duties
- May assist the Water/Wastewater Department as necessary.
- May perform janitorial duties and maintenance at city building.
- May perform polyethylene pipe welding in construction and maintenance of mains and services in the municipal gas system, including calculating materials needed and operating welding equipment in a safe manner.
- Serves as essential emergency personnel when required.
- Regular and prompt attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of: gas system operations; equipment used in construction and maintenance of gas facilities maintenance; and the use and care of tools and specialized equipment.
Skill/Ability to: understand and follow instructions; operate and maintain a variety of power and manual tools and equipment; tolerate outside working conditions, including exposure to adverse weather conditions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public; and maintain appropriate necessary certifications.
Safety/Physical Requirements: Heavy. Tasks involve bending, stooping, lifting, walking, standing, carrying, or using a force equal to fifty (50) pounds.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
High School diploma and/or GED equivalent; or
Sufficient education to read and write.
CERTIFICATES AND LICNES REQUIRED
Appropriate Texas Drivers’ license.
If performing welding, certification of qualification for welding of polyethylene gas pipe for the type of welding performed.
Salary: $44,136 annually
Closing Date: Open until filled
The City of Boerne is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Closing Date/Time: 2022-02-15