Administrative Support Coordinator IIAnticipated Hiring Salary:
Low-$4,000s per month CSU Salary Schedule Hours:
Full-time 40 hours per week FLSA:
Non-exempt Priority Screening Date:
Extended to December 14, 2021Recruitment Status:
Open Until FilledABOUT CSUMB
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement
, California State University, Monterey Bay
(CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives through a focus on student success and engagement through project-based learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and has a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students. The university's Strategic Plan
prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university's faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market-rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff. PURPOSE:
Under the general supervision of the Interim Manager for Finance Administrative Support Services, the Administrative Support Coordinator is responsible for providing moderately complex administrative support of the Finance Division of Administration & Finance. Responsible for providing varying levels of general office and clerical support in a fast paced, dynamic environment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establishes and maintains various data-tracking systems (physical and electronic) in order to fulfill departmental function reporting requirements, assists with the preparation of materials, performs basic financial reconciliations, coordinates the departmental budget tracking process. Electronically maintains, organizes, assembles, and/or summarizes information from office files or other sources for the Director's use during appointments or meetings, as necessary. Organizes and prepares documents for the Budget Department, Accounting Department, Administrative Systems Management and the Office of the Associate Vice President of Finance, campus audits, as well as set up and attend meetings as needed. Maintains master lists for telephone
- Researches information and assists with reviewing attendance and absence reports for directors and direct reports of the Associate Vice President of Finance, as well as payroll and other personnel documents. Coordinates travel arrangements; processes all travel and expense reimbursement requests. Assists the department with the preparation of written/electronic materials and correspondence.
- Identifies supplies, materials, equipment, and services needed for the office and/or requested by the staff. Obtains appropriate approvals. Prepares and processes purchase requisition forms; receives and organizes supplies for storage and/or distribution; reviews and confirms accuracy of invoices for approval of payment and resolves any discrepancies accordingly. Submits work orders for office and equipment maintenance. Maintains computer inventory for the Division and works with Information Technology to provide refresh computer equipment as needed.
- Provides a variety of technical/clerical duties in support of the Director, requiring discretion and good judgment when performing assigned tasks. Receives visitors and screens phone calls from the campus and public at large. Responsible for answering and forwarding, as necessary, inquiries pertaining to Accounting Department services, policies, and procedures, using tact and diplomacy. Schedules staff meetings, prepares agenda items, records minutes, and follow-up accordingly. Administers technology and facility requests for CACSS, including key and alarm code requests.
- Sorts and processes mail, identifies priority items for the Division's review, distributes other items to appropriate staff members. Provides back-up clerical and administrative support to the Office of the Vice President of Administration and Finance Department, as necessary.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Must be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments. Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures. Thorough mastery of English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and editing. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures. Expertise in using office software packages, technology, and systems. Ability to:
independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects; interpret and apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist; troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to assigned functions; understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas; analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend and evaluate proposed solutions; perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections requiring some inference; effectively write and present own reports; effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations; and use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and the ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite. These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience. SPECIALIZED SKILLS:
Strong organizational skills, highly motivated and enjoys working in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment. Proficient in the use of personal computers including word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Knowledge of budget and accounting practices. Demonstrated ability to address the essential functions associated with this position including the knowledge and abilities identified above. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Technical fluency with Microsoft Office Suite, Oracle-PeopleSoft/CMS baseline system, Google mail and calendaring programs. Experience working with a diverse and multicultural population in an academic setting and performing community services. SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with access to, or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information.
- This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education's Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California's Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
- Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. May require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
There are components of this job which are deemed essential on campus. This position will primarily work on the main campus, with occasional work from home. This position requires working on campus with students. The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. In the fall, students, faculty, staff, and the community can expect that masks will be required and that the appropriate degree of social distancing will be in place in all areas based on evolving guidance. Additionally, all students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to be vaccinated before coming to campus. All community members who work or attend class on campus should expect to participate in a random or periodic testing system. CSUMB will communicate more information about vaccination requirements and testing protocols when the details become available. BENEFITS:
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental and vision plans; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14-paid holidays a year. For more information, visit CSU System Benefits
. Additionally, University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability; visit Employee Housing
for more information. APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at csumb.edu/jobs
. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned. CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S. GENERAL INFORMATION:
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics, you can view the notice of availability and access the Cal State University, Monterey Bay annual security and fire safety reports at https://csumb.edu/clery/asr-and-fsr-notices-availability/
CSUMB requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate. policystat.com/policy/9779821/ latest/
and questions may be sent to universitypersonnel@csumb. edu
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled