Position Description PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Tuesday, December 07, 2021 at 11:59pm
Application materials will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until positions are filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise. Exam# 21/14B01/11SS. POSITION DESCRIPTION Natividad is seeking a full time, permanent Personnel Analyst
in the Human Resources department. This position will provide support to organizational development activities such as assisting with the updating of job descriptions and evaluation templates, assisting in the review of salaries to ensure alignment with labor market and coordinating ongoing hospital wide training.The eligible list established by this recruitment may also be used to fill current and future temporary or regular vacancies as they arise in other County Departments
Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITES OF THE POSITION
- Develops hospital-wide education strategies and materials; develops, administers, presents, analyzes and evaluates hospital education training programs (New Employee Orientation), Managing Assaultive Behavior, Customer Service Training (MAIDET), complies with existing and develops new standards for hospital education learning management system (LMS).
- Assists with the maintenance of a learning management system; resets passwords, creates student groups, assigns courses, and cleans up any errors in system; authors e-learning modules using authoring software; helps resolve LMS IT Helpdesk tickets.
- Assists with the development of the hospital education calendar in coordination with Nursing Education; advertises and updates as appropriate.
- Facilitates and coordinates training events to include securing facilitators, reservation of conference rooms, set ups and break downs, attendance, troubleshooting technology used for presentations.
- Tracks and reports on training outcomes.
- Works with departments to assess and improve organization structure for effectiveness; develops new classifications by analyzing relevant job functions, reporting relationships and job qualifications.
- Plans and conducts position classification studies to determine appropriate duties, responsibilities, classification and allocation of positions; writes and revises class specifications.
- Gathers, summarizes, and analyzes salary comparison data and makes recommendations; conducts studies of internal class relationships for compensation purposes.
- Write correspondence, reports announcements, and advertisements on a wide variety of technical and professional material and correspondence.
- Reviews and evaluates current legislation and other data pertaining to public personnel management and makes recommendations.
- Assists with the administration of annual employee evaluations and employee engagement surveys.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
A combination of experience, education, and/or training which substantially demonstrates the following knowledge, skills and abilities is required: Working Knowledge of :
Skills and Ability to:
- Principles and practices of public personnel administration to include effective and current trends in training and development, performance management, onboarding, and classification and pay.
- Functional responsibilities of a human resources department.
- Research methods, data collection and report writing.
- Basic training development and course authoring.
- Specific subject matter program areas and practices within an area of specialization such as, classification and compensation, training and development, learning management systems administration, performance management, and onboarding.
The requirements listed above may be acquired through various types of experience, education and/or training: Experience:
- Operate a personal computer in a Windows environment.
- Analyze data and statistical issues; draw sound conclusions and make effective recommendations.
- Analyze classifications, job analysis, organizational restructuring, and compensation to make logical recommendations based on research and comparative date.
- Analyze problems, consider options and formulate strategies to arrive at logical conclusions; explain and support effective recommendations.
- Provide excellent and courteous customer service, establish, and maintain effective working relationships.
- Develop and produce clear, concise and descriptive written and oral reports, correspondence, and other communicative materials.
- Manage a variety of simultaneous work projects to meet established timetables and commitments.
- Understand, interpret, explain and apply Federal, State, and local legislation regarding County Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Utilize SCORM authoring applications to create trainings.
Two Years of experience performing Human Resources services including training and development, classification and compensation. Experience with learning systems management. AND Education:
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Relations or a closely related field.
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS**
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process, which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays; and work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes: APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com ;
required resume must be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com . Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL
: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions and resume. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT
: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam. ELIGIBLE LIST
: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits.