Supervises and delegates nursing care to members of the health team. May perform nursing care based on staffing needs. Functions within legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting. Plans, organizes, directs, and evaluates patient care services. Provides supervision and direction to subordinate nursing staff to ensure a safe, efficient, and professional environment.
• Ensures nursing staff are properly educated and supervised to perform job functions.
• Monitors communication of patient data using Electronic Health Record and Patient Throughput Module to support decision making for delivery of optimal patient care.
• Conducts departmental staff meetings.
• Investigate quality of care concerns
• Responsible for nursing service aspects of Quality Improvement, ORA, ATC and other audit surveys.
• Conduct Performance Evaluations
• Recruits, interviews and hires nurses to fill vacancies
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
• ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
• KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
• INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
• VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
• BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
• Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
• 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
• Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
• State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
• State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
• Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
• And much more.
License/Certification: * Current RN license in the State of Texas or ability to obtain a Texas license. Education: * Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program. Experience: * At least four years in nursing, with at least two of those years in a supervisory capacity.
Professional License or Certification, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.
Fort Stockton, Texas